//Minerva's Message//

(A/N: the next chapter, as promised! I wasn't planning on releasing this today because I started it later then expected and was using my phone and Anna couldn't edit it today- but then I finished it and realized it's 90% just Minerva's message so it doesn't hold its own as a chapter- so it's pretty boring as well. I hope you enjoy anyway, though~!
(Cover image is a doodle by thefricksidontgive per usual ;))

We arrived at the end of the darkened tunnel, a singular door at the very end. We walked closer to it, Minerva's owl staring blankly at the three of us as we approached. Once we stopped moving, I pulled out the pen from my pocket and opened it, the hologram lighting up immediately. The door clicked open and I grabbed the handle, looking to Lucas. His face was fearful but hopeful at the same time, both Ray and him awaiting anxiously what lay behind the door- myself already knowing what awaited.

We walked passed the room filled with countless monitors and controls and towards the lake. It's beauty was breathtaking- nothing like I could've ever imagined. The golden water practically glowed, enticing me to step inside.

"It's a lake... and it looks... golden..." Lucas said in awe. I excused him for pointing out the obvious due to the high levels of shock he must be feeling.

"This must be it-!!" Ray exclaimed. "Goldy Pond- this is the destination point on Minerva's map!" I pulled out the pen in response, opening it to reveal the words 'Welcome to Goldy Pond.'

"Minerva wanted us to come here, then? Not to the hunting park?" Ray continued, the pieces beginning to come together for both Lucas and himself.

"WOAH THAT CABIN IS FLOATING!" I  exclaimed. I remembered this part in the manga- although seeing it in person was just as- if not more awe-inspiring then the golden lake. With that, I plunged into the water, knowing it wouldn't get me wet at all.

"Wait- we don't know if its harmful!" Ray shouted, climbing in after me. 'Jokes on you, I  do already know that.'  "Eh-!" He exclaimed, upon realizing the water wasn't making any contact with his body. "I can't touch it!" He admired, then reaching down with his hands to make sure he couldn't touch it. On his face was an expression that should be there more often on a 12 year old such as himself- it was a face of childlike wonder.

We walked through the lake together until we arrived at the elevator. The childlike wonder spread across Ray's face once again as he was fascinated by the floating elevator. I bet he wants to figure out how it works. "It's an elevator!" Ray admired once again. "Seems to be an older model..."

"But what's an elevator like this doing here...?" Lucas asked aloud.

"Maybe... this elevator can take you to the human world... you think?" Ray asked before chuckling. "Yeah, no way. It should be Y/N suggesting something ridiculous like that..." He chuckled dryly.

"Oi!" I shouted from the console. "I can hear you!" I stuck my tongue out. I then inserted the pen into the proper hole and watched as the elevator door began to open. Ray and Lucas immediately ran over to see what I was doing.

The words 'failure' then flashed on the console. The telephone then rang, its high pitched noise slicing through the near silence the three of us cattle people were sitting through. I gestured for Ray to pick it up and he did hesitantly. Lucas and I leaned in close to the phone to hear what was going on- although I didn't need to.

"This is William Minerva." A male voice resounded over it.

"Haah??!" Ray exclaimed, but still listening carefully to the call.

"I want to briefly convey some information to you who took this phone call, who I believe to be an escapee." The voice of William Minerva continued. "First of all, I must give you my deepest apology- I'm sorry. The elevator is a path that can cross over to the human world. However, it can no longer be used."