Epilogue

╔═══════════════╗

epilogue( the last olympian )❝ a new hero! ❞

epilogue
( the last olympian )
❝ a new hero!

╚═══════════════╝

A pair of gentle, brown-doe eyes gazed off into the evening, miles away from Camp Half-Blood, and from our heroes. She had snuck out of her dormitory to see the night sky, slipping past the wardens (since it was far beyond curfew) and up the ladder to her secret passageway to the roof. Her dark hair, almost black it was so brown, sifted in the wind behind her. She hadn't been able to sleep. She had had a dream, and it got her up thinking. She always had dreams, some were terrible, others were confusing, but they always ended up keeping her awake at night.

Pulling her coat around her tighter, she counted the constellations. There was something different in the air tonight━something that made a chill go down her spine. She doesn't know why, but her stomach twisted with a feeling ... and she wondered whether it was because of the dream she had just woken up from.

She was so caught up in her thoughts, the voice behind her made her jump.

"Ahah! There you are!"

A body swooped in beside her, laughing at her startle. His mess of brown-black curls stuck out over his sharp elfish features, but it didn't hide the bright, crooked smile that lit up his entire face.

She scoffed, shaking her head, "Valdez," she chided. "What are you even doing up, scaring me? How did you even find me?"

"Oh, come on, preciosa," he said slowly through his smile, holding two things in his hands as he balanced his weight on the roof beside. "You know I always find you, wherever you are."

The girl narrowed her eyes at his cheesy grin, but soon scoffed a chuckle, shaking her head at her best friend. "What if I came up here to get away from you?"

"Well, then," Leo Valdez shrugged, "I guess that Miss Savreen Arora has no choice, does she?"

He handed over what he had been holding, and Savreen breathed a smile, amazed at the warm taco. She took it in her fingers, breathing in the fresh smell. "God, Leo, how do you even make these here? The kitchen is off-limits. Guarded in case of some stupid idiot who wants to create a fire."

"I've told you!" he said, holding up his own. "I'm a special boy."

Together, the two dearest friends tapped their taco shells together in a small cheers. In silence, they ate, watching the moon rise up above. Savreen enjoyed Leo's company. No matter what, no matter when━without fail, he always was there on the nights she had her dreams. Awake, as if he knew she was alone, and scared. Savreen would never admit it, but she loved it that he was here for her; that he always knew where to find her.

In the silence, Leo reached his hand down near hers and drummed a sequence in the tin of the roof. Savreen immediately recognised it to say: Are you okay? In Morse Code.

It was their little thing. While most friends of fifteen had their own weird secret language, or handshake, these two spoke to each other in Morse Code━something they held close to their hearts, just for them.

Savreen replied back: No.

Another dream? Tapped Leo.

"Yeah," said Savreen, slipping back to her voice casually. She met his gaze sadly. "It ... It wasn't bad, really, just weird..."

"Well," Leo leaned forward, the two friends' height matching the other's perfectly. "You wanna talk about it?"

"It was strange," she said, thinking back on it. "You were in it, and so was Piper, and Jason. And ... and we were on a bridge, I think. But Jason didn't have a shoe."

Leo scoffed. "Of course Jason wouldn't have his shoe."

Jason Grace was their mutal friend. He was utterly hopeless in many ways.

Though, to be honest, Savreen can't actually really remember when they met him. He's just been there.

She chuckled. Taking a bite out of her taco, she relished Leo's fabulous cooking skills in the wondrous taste. "Hear this, though, there were these pegasus flying this chariot━" Leo laughed at this, and she rolled her eyes, amused by her mind as well, "━and this bald dude and two blonde girls."

"Did they have names?" he asked through his snickers.

Savreen shook her head, "Only just one. And she was mad. She said she was looking for someone, though she wouldn't say who."

"Suspenseful."

"Very," she smirked at his sarcasm. "But the bald dude did say her name."

"And what was this mad blonde girl's name?"

Savreen fixed her gaze back on the horizon. She took another bite of her taco before answering:

"Claire Moore."

THE END
CLAIRE MOORE RETURNS SOON!

° ° °

a/n: no one:

me: an actual sobbing mess rn.

THAT'S THE OFFICAL END OF THE FIRST SERIES FUKKKKK

AND DON'T WORRY! WHEN THE NEXT SERIES IS UP, I SHALL LET Y'ALL KNOW IN THIS BOOK, TOO!!!!!

BUT AHHHHHHHHHHH LEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(breathes. I'm good. I'm good. I'm not. I'm sobbing).

     Update: I changed Nevaeh's name due to a cultural mistake on my part.