18 | The Next Step | 18

Karl POV

"So he knows where you live.. and he wants me to turn myself in." I reanalyzed the situation explained to me by Techno, laying on Nick's lap in a peaceful manner. "Hmm.."

"This'll be an easy takedown since we already know who the leader is. He even goes to the same school as us." I snickered lightly, completely calm with the task at hand.

"His name is apparently George Davison. He's a 17 year old with dark brown hair, tinted white glasses and braces. He's known for being openly gay and also being in past relationship with Clay, Alex and Callahan." The words flowed from my tongue like water, refusing to get tangled within one another. As I continued to explain, Nick's worry increased.

"Is something wrong, Nick?" I immediately turned my attention to him and he held a nervous expression. It seemed as though he was in pain. "It's not about us hurting George, right? If so, we already expl-"

"No, no. It's just that.." He began a statement, brushing off my assumptions. "When you move, you're shoving your elbow into my dick."

My eyes widened and I immediately noticed my arm had been placed in that spot the entirety of the conversation. I sat up instantly, making my way to the other side of Techno's couch.

"Why did you tell me sooner?! Idiot! I wasn't trying to hurt you purposefully!" I yelled defensively, feeling my own face go red. He shook his head quickly as Techno proceeded to stare at us.

"I just didn't want to be embarrassed, alright!? I was gonna tell you when you were done talking!" He clapped back in a great amount of defense himself. I sighed harshly, feeling as though he put me in that situation purposefully.

"Literally, are you guys a couple or what? I hate young love. It makes me sick." Techno finally settled on speaking and we both turned our expression to him, our shock growing by the second.

"What? No! Him? No!" We both shouted at him simultaneously. I was surprised Nick has the same words in mind as me, even part of me felt my heart shatter, but I stood my ground.

"A-Anyways, we can find George and kill him on the spot. It'll be a job so easy a dog could do it for us." I shook off the prior conversation, presenting the original topic once again. Techno and Nick both nodded at those words, but after a few moments, Techno started to shake his head.

"No.. it won't be." Techno spoke once again, staring immensely at his own carpet. I could tell he was processing this information and it seemed almost overwhelming. Even for the leader of us all.

"I highly doubt he'll be alone. That alone, there. It'll be a shot in the dark showing up at his house and seeing him distracted and unguarded." He explained, beginning to pace back and forth. Worry overcame me as his footsteps tracked through the room.

"Now that I think about it, you're right. There's no way George will be alone." I started to panic internally, refusing to let my anxiety show in favor of Nick.

"He's going to kill me."

"What?" I asked immediately after those words escaped Techno's mouth. Nick's expression grew tensed aswell.

"If we strike now, he'll kill me. It's unavoidable at those odds. He'll have one of his men probably assassinate me from a distance. Perhaps he'll come and kill me himself." Techno explained his reasoning and we both listened intently.

"He obviously always has a spy. And if that spy detects that I'm alone at my home and distracted, he'll alert the boss and I'll be dead." He finished his prediction and I hesitated, digging my nails into my own pants.

"If we want to fight this guy, we'll need to be strategic about it."

"I know what you're saying, Techno. We need to get people on the job."

"We need.. to call Niki."

Niki, a mastermind planner, and the one of the scariest people I've ever seen in my life. She's insanely smart and even has greater aiming than Zak with guns. Incredible really.

Only, she isn't a scum like the rest of us. She lives with Wilbur and only does jobs for us when paid a good deal of money or given a favor in return.

It'll be insanely difficult getting her to help us, but it's one of the only shots we have trying to take down the Knovs.

"Who's Niki?" Nick asked hesitantly as he read the room with his eyes. Techno and I were instantly overcome with despair as he mentioned her name.

"Someone you never want to meet." I finally responded with a firm voice, making direct eye-contact with the boy. My eyes read fear and that caused Nick to break a sweat.

"I suppose.. if we have to.." Techno mumbled in a bit of hesitation himself, taking out his phone and dialing Niki. The phone rang for quite a while until an answer was finally received from the call.

"Hello?"

"Niki.. my house. Please. We'll pay."

A/N: pick your fighter

•+ Song For This Chapter +•~ nobody compares to you ~ gryffin ~

~ nobody compares to you ~ gryffin ~