Chapter 49: The Guardians

Third Person POV

"How the help is this dude still alive?!" Peter Quill exclaimed in disbelief as he stared at the man laying on the table.

The Guardians of the Galaxy stood around the body of the unconscious Thor, not knowing who he was.

Thor was covered in dirt and sweat. His eyes covered with an eyepatch and his armour dark. His blonde short hair going every which way.

His breathing was steady and slow.

"He is not a dude..." Drax spoke from the other side of the table, peering down at the god. His eyes roamed the body.

The other Guardians tore their eyes from the god and to Drax.

"You're a dude. This... this is a man." Drax pointed down at the man, shaking his head in disbelief of his appearance. "A handsome, muscular man."

"I'm muscular." Peter gestured to himself, not believing what Drax just implied.

"But who you kidding, Quill? You're one sandwich anaesthesia from fat." Rocket retorted like it was obvious.

"Yeah right." Peter chuckled like they were just joking around.

"It's true." Drax spoke again making Peter's smile fade. "You have put on weight."

"What?" Peter gasped in shock as he stared at Drax.

Drax put his hand under his chin and gestured his chin growing down. And then his stomach expanding, implying the Peter did indeed gain weight.

Peter turned to Gamora for confirmation. "Gamora. Do you think I'm—." He stopped when he noticed her staring at the unconscious man in wonder.

She did not bother protesting both Drax's and Rocket's remarks as she walked around the table.

Peter's jaw hung low as he stared around at his team, no one else defending him.

"He is anxious, angry. He feels tremendous loss and guilt." Mantis's antennas glowed bright as she read Thor's emotions.

The thought and questions of what happened to the people floating just outside the ship grew within the Guardians.

"It's like a pirate had a baby with an angel." Drax stated, still in awe-struck. Gamora reach down and grabbed Thor's arm.

"Wow. This is a real wake-up call for me. Okay. I'm gonna get a Bowflex. I'm gonna commit." Peter looked down to his stomach, creating a workout plan in his head. "I'm gonna get some dumbbells."

"You know you can't eat dumbbells, right?" Rocket asked him making Peter glare at him.

"It's like his muscle are made of Cotati metal fibers." Gamora's ran her hand up his arm, feeling his arm up. She stared in amazement at the defined muscle build.

"Stop massaging his muscles." Peter demanded, not liking how his girlfriend was feeling up an unconscious man.

Gamora dropped his arm with a thud, staring at Peter with an 'that better?' look.

Peter turned to Mantis and sighed. "Wake him up."

Mantis lifted her hand to Thor's forehead and placed it on it gently. Her antennas glowed as she used her empathetic powers to wake him. "Wake."