Chapter 3

A few days later and Elle sat in the Gryffindor common room when Luke burst through the entrance.

"Elle! There you are!" He huffed out at the girl, trying to catch his breath.

"You found me!" She playfully sighed as he sat on the couch beside her.

"Did you hear?" He asked her as she looked at him confusingly.

"Hear about what?" she asked him as he gave her a bewildered look.

"Sirius Black was spotted in a nearby town!" He told her as her eyes went wide.

"Really? That's freaky, I wonder if my Mum and Dad know..." She thought out loud.

"They were all friends, weren't they? When they were in Hogwarts?" Luke asked the blonde as she nodded.

"Uncle Remus, Mum, Dad, Sirius, Harry's Mum and Dad and some guy named Peter. I grew up with them for the first few years of my life before James and Lily died, Nathan and I called them all Uncle and Auntie, my Uncle Remus used to go by Uncle Moony but as we got older, I guess we just stopped using it. It was really sad when Uncle Sir- Sirius ended up to be a murderer, my parents were so upset and distraught." Elle explained with a small sigh.

"That's so cool though! You knew the notorious Sirius black!" Luke chimed out as Elle rolled her eyes.

"He and Remus are my godparents, it sucks Sirius is a murderer." Elle said.

"Well it's Friday night, what shall we do?" Luke sighed, changing the subject, leaning back into the couch.

"I guess we should go eat? Dinner should be served soon." She suggested as he nodded. The two made their way down to the great hall and took a seat on the benches across from each other. As they sat down, Jackson came walking fast towards them.

"Hey, Jack!" Elle cheerily greeted him.

"Hey- Dumbledores looking for you Ellie, and your brother. He said it was a very important message from home." he told her as she looked worriedly at Luke.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, quickly standing up.

"I'm not sure, I would just get your brother and go." Jackson told her with a light shrug as Elle started walking towards the Ravenclaw table.

"Nathan!" She quickly called, grabbing his attention as he saw his distressed little sister.

"Ellie? What's wrong?" Her brother asked.

"Dumbledore is asking for us, a message from home." She quickly explained as the blonde siblings made their way to Dumbledore's office.

"What could they need to tell us? It's only been a few days." Nathan wondered as the two made their way down the hall. They soon arrived to see the door already open as Professor McGonagall ushered them up the stairs.

"Professor? What's going on?" Elle quickly asked Dumbledore.

"Do not fret, no one is sick or injured but your parents had an urgent message and thought it would be better to address it in person. You have been given permission to stay at your home tonight, returning tomorrow." Dumbledore told the siblings.

"What? Why? I have quidditch practice tomorrow evening!" Nathan quickly argued.

"And you shall be back after lunch tomorrow, do not fret Nathanial, you need to be with your family tonight." Dumbledore instructed before using his hand to signal to the fireplace.

Nathan and Ellie quickly walked to the fireplace, taking some powder before both ending up at the Mackin Manor.

"Mum? Dad?" Ellie quickly called, walking farther into her large home.