39.Silence is the punishment

Warisha's POV

"Done." I grinned by myself, closing the book and leaning on the couch.

I took out the small cake from the oven and kept it on the table. Bringing a spoon, I quickly cut out a piece and savoured it.

I don't need any occasion to have cake.

"Umm....good job, Warisha." I patted my own shoulder, taking another piece.

That may seem like I'm alone here but the truth is my abbus wife's elder daughters mother in law's one and only son is also at home, busy with Allah knows what. Two days and right now, my mood is back in its place. Though I'm still giving him the silent treatment, like he deserves. He tried to bribe me with chocolates but clearly got ignored. What am I, a baby? Though.....I couldn't resist and sneakily took them from the fridge when he was not at home. But I won't lie I myself am feeling very alone. Who likes eerie silence?

I can't even talk to Ayesha bhabi as she's at her father's home. And that third floor girl Niha, she irritates me. I mean..take a break girl, isn't there any unmarried man for you to look at? It's very irritating to hear this much praises of anyone. And definitely not about a person you're angry at.

These two days, he tried to talk to me but all he got is my poker face. And I'm proud of myself. He gets angry on me and expects me to be all sweet and happy to him? No boy, that's not happening. Though my anger has subsided a bit, but I think it's too soon to forgive him. Let him feel how it feels to be ignored.

"I'm not sharing it with the mean boy, huh!" I mumbled by myself, taking another piece.

"Here." He startled me with his voice from behind. He advanced his phone at me and I looked up. His blank expression was saying that he heard it all.

Well, he is a mean boy!

"Ammi." He said as I took it, then he went away. I sighed and placed the phone on my ear.

"Assalamualaikum ma."

"Walaikumassalam dear. How are you?"

"Alhamdulillah, I'm fine. Did your fever..."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. These things happen to oldies very frequently." She said making me chuckle.

"But I didn't call you to report my fever. Why didn't you tell me that Alyan has one weeks off next month?" She asked me and I looked at him who was pouring water from the jug. As he looked at me, I looked away. Obviously showing him I'm too focused in my cake.

"I didn't know ma."

"Allah, this boy. Why did he marry then if he doesn't share anything with his wife?"

"I don't know." I huffed.

"Whatever. Now, did you decide where you guys are going?"

"No ma." I meekly said, getting ready for scolding.

"What no ma? I don't want to hear any no. No more no. Talk to each other and decide as soon as you can. Okay?" She literally scolded me.

"Ok."

"Hmm, good. And please talk to Salwa and knock some sense in her, she doesn't study at all. Always busy with I don't know what. Her exams are just at the door." She complained.

"I will talk to her."

"And remember to tell Alyan to talk to her too."

"Ok ma."

"Why is your voice broken? Any problem?"

The problem is I'm devouring a whole cake!

"No ma."