LUCIUS

Lucius Malfoy stood just outside the balcony of his bedroom, his hands behind his back as Narcissa's boats echoed throughout it the room softly

Lucius Malfoy stood just outside the balcony of his bedroom, his hands behind his back as Narcissa's boats echoed throughout it the room softly. Her face was unreadable as she handed him the newspaper one of their servants had brought them.

"
ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY CLEARED OF SMUGGLING AND CONTROLLING DRAGONS
"

"Was it your doing?" Narcissa asked quietly, fearing the wrath of her husband and Lucius clenched his jaw. Ever since her departure, Narcissa was further from Lucius than ever. 

She didn't agree with his methods, his poor daughter suffered his impulsive and vile nature because of how fearful he was of the Dark Lord. "We swore we would protect them, no matter the cost Narcissa." Lucius said slowly, his tone low as he watched the clouds afar. 

Narcissa bowed her head, "I'm aware—" 

"Then lose the judgment." Lucius snapped in his still and cold manner as he turned to face her. "As my wife and the mother of my children you are obligated to follow me. We must present a United front." 

Narcissa nodded, "And how will you do that? How will we do that?" Narcissa corrected. "Ethaline wants nothing to do with the Malfoy name, she hasn't touched her account in Gringotrs for months now." She started, "The only way she would return is if..." 

Narcissa stopped talking, if you accepted who she is. If you told her you loved her, that you're proud of her. Everything you stopped saying when you fell deeper and deeper into the dark hole you created. 

Lucius clenched his jaw and swiftly turned away, not trusting his heavy hand as it gripped the railing. He didn't say anything. In his own twisted and outdated way, Lucius loved his kids. He loved his daughter, even if he didn't show it. Ethaline reminded him of everything good in the world, her giddy optimism and lack of emotions towards others reminded him of a simpler time. 

|| SOME YEARS AGO ||

Lucius Malfoy and Narcisa laid in bed, their arms holding the other as they slept soundly before the sound of a single twin crying woke them up

Lucius Malfoy and Narcisa laid in bed, their arms holding the other as they slept soundly before the sound of a single twin crying woke them up. It was Draco, Lucius recognized it by the shrill scream as he groaned into the pillow.