Chapter 4

Sunday morning, Ellie had left her room to head to breakfast. She made her way into the common room to look for Luke when she instead saw George.

"Morning Georgie! Have you seen Luke?" She asked him.

"He's already made his way to breakfast, Jackson was here this morning looking distressed so I think the two of them made their way to breakfast." He told her as she had a frown, worried for her friend.

As she went to turn towards the exit, she saw Fred and Lucy stumbling down the stairs, a giggling mess. She rolled her eyes at the pair as they shared an exaggerated kiss as they both followed Ellie out of the common room as Theo walked by.

"Lucy? What are you doing here, leaving the Gryffindor common room with this weasel?" Theo asked his girlfriend, giving Fred a look.

"Uhm, hey baby. I wasn't in there with Weasley, I was hanging out with my friend here." Lucy said, quickly wrapping an arm around Ellie.

"Oh, Elle? You two are friends?" Theo once again asked his girlfriend. Lucy quickly spoke before Elle could.

"Yup, bestie's actually." Lucy quickly covered her tracks before removing her arm from Elle, grabbing Theo's hand and dragging him away from the Gryffindor. Elle heard Fred breathe out a sigh of relief behind her.

"Hm Fred, are you feeling guilty now that you've almost gotten caught? Now that you've dragged me into it too?" She asked him, crossing her arms and giving him a look.

"I'm actually quite fine, thanks for covering up for us sweetcheeks," Fred smirked at her as she sighed and continued her walk down the hall.

"Are you finally going to admit that deep down you do not hate me?" Fred teasingly asked her, trailing behind her.

"Never going to happen Fred. As long as you are going behind Theodore's back, you are no friend of mine." She told him as he rolled his eyes.

"At Least you called me Fred, instead of your usual Weasley." Fred smugly said to her.

Elle sighed but continued into the great hall to see Jackson and Luke in a quiet discussion as she took a seat beside Jackson, across from Luke.

"What's up boys?" She asked them as Jackson sighed.

"Jack's Father is in St.Mungo's." Luke sighed as Elle quickly placed a comforting hand on Jack's back.

"Oh my gosh Jack, are you okay? Are you going to go visit him? What happened?" She quickly asked him.

"I'm fine... I'm not going to see that bastard, he deserves it. He got into a fight with an obviously better wizard." Jack spat out as Elle gave him a side hug in comfort.

"If you want to talk, we are here." Luke told him.

"I know. Oh, I've actually decided I am going to try out for the Slytherin team. " Jackson said, once again changes the subject.

"Oh, that's good! I'm sure you will get it!" Elle said, trying to cheer her friend up.

"Oh, what happened when you went home on Friday?" Jackson asked her.

"My cousin lives with us now, Christopher." Elle told the boys as they nodded their heads.

"Oh, why?" Luke asked.

"Uh, personal stuff with his Dad, he's okay though." Elle said as the boys nodded, as the trio continued their breakfast.

//

Later Sunday evening, Elle sat alone in the library trying to finish some homework when two Hufflepuff's sat in the seats across from her.

Elle looked up to see her good friend Olivia Brown with someone she did not know.

"Hello..." Elle said, unsure as to why they sat there.

"Hey Ellie, you look nice. This is my friend Cedric, he wanted me to introduce the two of you." Olivia said, offering her a smile.

"Oh hey Cedric, I think my Dad knows your Dad, Amos isn't it?" Elle said, offering him a smile.

"Yes that's him, your Father is then Benjamin?" Cedric asked as she nodded.

"Well I'll let you two talk, I've got to go, Hannah's waiting for me." Olivia said, quickly leaving the table.

"Well, why did you ask Olivia to introduce the two of us?" Elle asked him with a small smirk on her face.

"Well I thought you were stunning and wanted to get to know you, is that okay?" He asked with a slight chuckle as she nodded her head.

"Definitely. So, 6th year Hufflepuff?" She asked him as he nodded his head.

"And captain of the quidditch team. You are a 5th year yeah?" Cedric asked with a proud look on his face.

"Yeah, I am." She said nodding.

"Oh, your brother is the Ravenclaw captain isn't he?" He asked as she nodded her head once again.

"He is, he is 6th year as well." She told him as the two spent a few hours getting to know one another.

//

As a few hours had gone by, Cedric and Elle both sat in the library laughing and genuinely getting to know each other.

"Well I should go but it was nice to meet you, Ellie, you're a very funny girl." Cedric said with a laugh as she smirked at him. "Will I see you at the Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff game tomorrow?"

"You shall, good luck." She told him with a wink as she looked down at her books as he walked away with a blush evident on his face.

Fred and George then slid into the seats across from her.

"Hmm Ellie, was it you who left Diggory with a permanent blush?" George teased her as she also blushed at his remark.

"I do not know what you were talking about, he and I just talked." She told him.

"Talked? For 2 hours?" Fred asked her.

"What? Are you stalking me, Weasley?" She asked him, quirking a brow.

"You wish Mackin. You just enjoy all this male attention." Fred teased her.

"So what if I am getting a little male attention? And it's one male, only Cedric." Elle scowled at him.

"Getting a lot more than a little." Fred said, rolling his eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I think he just means a lot of guys at this school think you are hot, so they stare. Also, Freddie, I'd recommend just to shut it before you make the situation worse" George said with a shrug as Elle rolled her eyes once again.

"I just think you should be careful." Fred spoke once again.

"And I think that if you really feel the need to tell a girl what she should and shouldn't do, you should go and speak to Lucy" Elle said rolling her eyes before picking up her books and storming off.

"You're a bloody idiot Fred, and blind." George teased his twin.

"What did I do?" Fred asked him with a groan.