The Hands Met

"Everyday

Dabdabhae michigesseo

Feel like it’s still day one

Nuga jeo shigyereul jom dollyeojweo

Olhae da ppaetgyeosseo

Ajik nan chimdae sok

Geobukhae sogi

It’s killin’ me slowly, nah"

Jimin’s voice from Fly to My Room woke me up. It was 7 a.m. in London. I answered the call with my eyes being closed, I was so tired due to my last night’s work for Youth Assembly.

“Hello!! Y/N” It was my colleague Bianca.

“Yes….”

“You still sleeping?? Come on, get ready, we’ve to be at the airport by 9!!” She hurried.

“At the airport? Why?” I was still in sleeping mode.

“Why?? We have to receive them! You bitch, why are you so careless??” she started cursing me.

“Them who? What are you talking about? Nobody informed me anything”

“Mr. Stephen gave us the job to receive BTS, as they are….”

“Wait!!” I may’ve heard wrong “BTS??”

“You don’t know they are attending the conference? I’m coming to pick you up in half an hour. Stop asking nonsensical questions”
It was not a surprise. It’s a shock for me. BTS is going to attend the UN conference this year? How come I don’t know about this? My body started shaking. This is a tragedy. What I wished not to happen, is going to happen. My brain was blocked.

“What if he got the gift? What if he read the letter? How I’m gonna face him? Shame…Shame….I may choose death rather than this at this moment! But I have to go”

I dressed up formally and Bianca was punctual. She started telling me the rules to be followed while meeting them. It was turning more scary.

“Y/N, listen. I know you are a fan of them. But, we have our own rules and regulations….Y/N”

“Yes!!”

“I hope you are attending me. You are out of this world. No photos, no selfies or autographs, number two, call them sir. Not even think of anyother way. Hey…”

“Huh?? Huh…I’m listening”

“Only formal greetings. No hugs, only handshakes. Don’t smile unnecessarily, unless needed. Give a warm smile, must not show your teeth! And I’ll go first, you follow me…Okay?”

“Yah…Got it! Got it!”

We reached the airport at 8.45. The flight from Korea will arrive by 9. And in those 15 minutes, my heart raced, my body was cold, my hands trembled, I’m about to pass out. I was standing beside Bianca with the flower bouquet. The plane landed and they arrived with the bodyguards. I took a deep breadth, “Yah, you can do it!”

The boys were in their casuals. Suga, I again met the man who I don’t want to meet again in my life. Tears welled up watching him walk towards me. He lifted his head up and…….I stopped breathing for a moment. He turned his face away and was acting normal. I was so happy that I didn’t want to talk much as Bianca took care of greeting. I just handed the bouquet to Namjoon and welcomed them with a smile. They smiled at me with the same friendly vibe and it showed they didn’t forget me. And I strongly believed suga didn’t read the letter and he neither was wearing the watch. They were taken to the hotel and we returned back to the UN Office to arrange things.

By Afternoon, the speakers and guests started arriving. And I was busy working when I got a call from Bianca again.

“Y/N, can you please come to the Social counsel room, it’s urgent”

“On my way” I started running.

The room was far away from the General assembly room and when I entered it, there was none inside. Silence…..It was the tickling of the watch. The black watch, brand new was placed in the mid table. I went near and tried to touch it.

“Don’t touch!!”

I stepped back hearing that strong masculine voice. Suga came out of the secret door.

“I don’t like people touching my properties”
I was dumb. He was in a black suit matched with  black hair. I can’t believe he was standing in front of me. He started walking towards me with his hands tucked in his pocket.

“The watch you presented me was not working properly. It’s slow!”

“Huh?”

“Not in minutes. But 5 months. It’s five months slow, and I’m waiting for the watch to work properly so I can use it”

“When will it reach the right time?”

“Now!!”

He pulled my hands and hugged me.

“Now, it’s two hour ten minutes and ten seconds. The life has joined the two hands”

He took the watch from the table and tied it in his hands.

My lips pressed each other, my head placed on his chest for the second time, I asked

“You read the letter?”

“I did! And, why you wrote, you don’t want to meet me again?”

“Because I don’t want to leave you again!!”

- To be continued