𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓.

Reiner's POV

Marley's Warriors, the Survey Corps, and the anti-Marleyans. This group of diversity was sitting with each other around a campfire... peacefully. No one said a word, but at least there was no war and bloodshed for once.

"Can someone help me?" Hange said, trying to break the silence.

"It's hard to believe that we're all sitting together like this after years of trying to kill one another," General Magath spoke up. "I wonder what changed your mind. If you let Eren Yeager do as he pleases, then you'll get the heaven and paradise you've always wanted. We were so close to stopping Zeke and Eren from coming into contact, but you had to go and help them."

"General, we don't want genocide," Hange replied.

"So you finally see whose side justice sits on," Magath said.

"Excuse me? Justice?!" Jean became angered. "So we're apparently the antagonists of the whole story for fighting the Titans that you guys sent over to us? We were doing that to survive because we didn't want to get eaten alive, old man!! And you're saying that's something only devils would do?!!"

"Yeah... You sound like devils to me. Our concerns about Paradis Island have come true, and the result of all your hard-fought battles is destroying the world with this rumbling. Happy?" Magath gave a disgusted look at Jean, similar to how I was looked at by Marleyans for being an Eldian myself.

"If Eren's mom hadn't been eaten right in front of his eyes in the first place, then it wouldn't have turned out this way!! You guys pushed it!!" Jean argued.

"Sit down. You need a history lesson. Eldia was the first to make Marley suffer, you know that right?"

"Stop playing innocent over something that happened 2,000 years ago!!"

"Ugh, I feel like I'm talking to an undisciplined brat."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!!"

"Please no fighting. Why can't we all be around each other in peace for once? And besides... we shouldn't bother talking about something that happened when we weren't even alive. We didn't witness a thing with our own eyes ourselves," Hange spoke up. "Jean, the General here is baffled by how we're agreeing to throw our heaven away to save the world." Magath stayed quiet. "Where's y/n? Dinner's almost ready."

"She's in the forest," I said and stood up. "I'll go get her."

Annie sat me down. "I'm going."

"Please let me come with you too," Gabi and Falco said at the same time.

Annie nodded and the 3 went into the forest to go get y/n.

Y/n's POV

I cried.

I had to let it all out. As I sat on the ground, I pondered over what I had done. The decisions I made... My existence.

I am a failure. I don't understand why Aunt Lara even chose me to be her successor in the first place. She should've chosen my cousin.

Even though I would calm down and stop crying at one point, a painful memory would trigger more tears to flow out of my eyes again.