You/Historia Reiss - Happy Birthday

(Attack on Titan)

As the sun hit your eyes, you immediately rushed to close the curtains. It was Historia's birthday and you were going to make sure she had a relaxing day after the week she just had. Turning around, you can't help but smile when you see her cuddle with your pillow. It almost made you want to go back in bed and cuddle with her but you had a lot to do. Rushing to get ready, you hurried to the bathroom. 

X

You were more than well aware of all the duties that Historia had to do as queen but you didn't think that she spent her morning doing things that would take at least a day for other people. It was honestly incredible to see the amount of work she was able to go through before breakfast was even served. 

"Are you sure that Historia is not going to get mad, (y/n)?"

You weren't Historia, there was no way you were going to finish all she needed to do before the day ended. 

"Armin! That's not important. What is important is that the two of us finish all her work. Do you want her to be spending her birthday doing work?"

"W..well no.."

"Exactly! Now come on. We still have plenty of stuff to do. Thank the walls that the others are in charge of making sure she doesn't find out about this. 

X

 "Sasha? Connie? What are you guys doing here? You're supposed to be distracting Historia."

The two of them were trying to catch their breath after running the entire length of the castle to reach you before Historia could. 

"We need to go now. We lost track of Historia and we don't know where she is. Mikasa and the others are looking for her."

"How can you lose track of Historia! There's like 5 of you."

"She's tiny okay! She can easily hide in places we would never look for."

You groan loudly and nod. 

"Alright, lets go Armin."

"But we..."

You grabbed his arm and pulled him along as the two of you followed Sasha and Connie. 

X

The four of you ended up running to one of the empty rooms that no one used. Historia would never think to search it. 

"Okay, we'll stay here and finish all the paperwork while you and Connie go out and keep an eye on her. If either of you see her, scream as loud as you can."

The two of them reassure you that they will and head out. 

"(y/n), are you sure this is still a good idea. Historia is not going to be happy that you were avoiding her on her birthday."

"Armin, this is for her own good. She hasn't rested in so long. Sure, she's walking around the castle in search of me but at least she's not doing work. Now come on, we're almost done."

X

The door is slammed open, shocking the two of you. At the entrance, there stood Historia with a furious expression. 

"How dare you!"

You gulped loudly as she stormed inside the room. You stood up to meet her halfway. 

"Darling, I only did this to help. You've been so busy and I thought what better birthday present than giving you a day off."

"Why would you leave me all alone in the morning? Why would I want to spend my birthday without you? You know, you could've asked me if I was going to be busy today. I would've told you that I took the day off. The reason why I've been so busy these couple of days was because I wanted to spend a couple of days with you without being interrupted."

"Historia, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"I know and that's okay." She leaned in to kiss you. "Now, the day is still not over so it's still my birthday. Why don't we have a picnic in the field?"

"But I had a feast prepared for you and our friends."

"Oh, that's okay! We can take care of the food. Don't worry about us. We can celebrate in the night when you get back."

The two of you laugh at Sasha's words. It was quite obvious that Sasha was ready to take off to the dining hall. 

"Problem solved. Lets go then. You have a lot to make up for."

You stand up and follow after her. 

"Historia?"

She stops walking to turn around and face you. 

"Hm?"

"Happy Birthday."