Chapter 6

Friday had come and Fred and Elle did exceptional on their potion for Professor Snape. They had spent every night that week working together for hours to perfect it as Fred definitely needed the grade boost.

Classes for the day had just finished when Elle was walking down the hall with George when Professor Flitwick stopped them.

"You are both wanted in Dumbledore's office, now go." He said to them before continuing down the hall. George and Elle gave each other a look before they both walked to the office to see Nathan, Fred, Ron, and Ginny all standing there, waiting as well.

"What's going on?" Elle asked the group as everyone shrugged and the doors opened for them to go in. They soon all stood in Dumbledore's office, waiting for him to speak.

"You guys are being requested to be let out for the evening as your Fathers are waiting for you in Diagon Alley, now go." Dumbledore said before the students went through the fireplace.

They all came out to see Benjamin and Arthur sat at the leaky cauldron.

"Dad? What's going on?" Elle asked, walking up and giving him a hug.

"We wanted to see you and let you know that Arthur has received a promotion, we are celebrating." Ben said to the teens as the Weasleys congratulated their Dad.

"What's actually going on Dad?" Nathan asked Benjamin in a quiet voice.

"We got an anonymous threat on you guys and the Weasley children, we wanted to be able to keep an eye on you ourselves to make sure you guys are okay." Ben told Nathan and Elle.

"So what, we are in danger?" Elle asked her Father, afraid.

"I wouldn't let anything happen, do not worry." Ben told his kids before the two families all sat around together, chatting.

An hour or two had gone by before Ben and Arthur noticed death eaters hurtling in, preparing to send curses.

"Kids, go back to Hogwarts now!" Ben yelled as Arthur ushered the kids to the fireplace. Everyone had gone through except for Elle and Fred when a death eater had blown up the fireplace, not making it accessible.

"Dad!" Elle cried out, wand in hand, afraid for her and her family.

"Elle, Fred! Go upstairs and lock yourselves in a room until dawn! Do not leave for any reason!" Arthur yelled at them as Fred grabbed Elle's wrist, yanking her upstairs and into the first room they saw, sealing the door shut with a spell.

"What the hell just happened?" He asked out loud.

"Dad told us there was a threat made on our families so they thought if we were in public and together, they wouldn't strike." Elle whispered to him before she shouted out in fear of the sounds she heard downstairs. Fred saw how frightened the girl was and brought her in for a hug which she reluctantly accepted. Elle thought the hug was nice, regardless of the height difference as he was definitely 6'3 or taller and she was maybe 5'5.

"Are you okay?" He softly asked her as she nodded, quickly taking a seat on the only bed in the room.

"So what, we are supposed to stay here until morning?" She asked as Fred shrugged.

10 minutes went by before she heard her Dad knock on the door.

Elle quickly ran over and opened the door, bringing her Dad in for a hug.

"What happened?" She quickly asked him.

"Everything's fine. Floo will be up and running by morning. I have written to Dumbledore and you guys are expected back by morning but you will be safe here tonight. Be good, both of you." Ben said quickly, giving his daughter a kiss on the head before running back down the stairs, assumingly after Arthur.

"So, what now?" Fred sighed.

"We lock the door until morning in case they come back." Elle quickly said, grabbing her wand and casting a spell on the door.

The two sat in silence for a while before Elle spoke up.

"I hate to point out the obvious, but there's really no avoiding it. There's two of us..." Elle started.

"...and only one bed." Fred finished.

"We'll be here for just one night." Elle said with a sigh, suddenly uncomfortable with the situation. Out of everyone to be left behind of course it was her and Fred.

"And friends cuddle right?" Fred asked with a smirk. "I'm kidding, I can sleep on the floor."

"Don't take the floor, we will share the king instead." Elle said with a sigh, giving his smirk a look.

"But when I wake up in the morning, and I find you snoring, my chest a pillow for your head, your stomach will drop, butterflies will flutter for you non-stop, you will cease to see me as a friend." Fred jokingly flirted with her.

"I don't snore!" She quickly exclaimed causing him to burst out laughing. "I will also not be using your chest as a pillow, too close." She fake gagged.

"Yeah and I'm sure you will be able to resist me, even in your sleep." Fred teased her.

"I barely see you even as a friend." She argued.

"Ah, but you said barely." He smirked at her as a pink flushed her cheeks as she quickly looked away.

"Were in for a fun night." Fred spoke out again, ready to tease her all night.