Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 7

It was Thursday after school, the first day that Diana was going to paint Alex, and she didn't think she could possibly feel more dread than she was feeling at that moment. She didn't want to have to paint Alex. She was beginning to sound like a broken record as this was all she could think about. Moreso, she had made this very fact clear to all parties involved. But yet, no difference. She was going to have to paint Alex whether she liked it or not. And in this case, it was 'not'.

Diana was seated in the private art room where she was to paint Alex. She jiggled her right leg up and down nervously as she waited. Each moment that passed, the dread that she was feeling only began to grow. It took no genius to know that this was not going to work out. In fact, it was going to be a hot mess. She and Alex just didn't mix. However, Diana waited.

Thirty minutes passed by and still no sign of Alex. The dread that Diana had been feeling had now transformed to annoyance, border lining on anger. She was almost determined that Alex would be a no-show when the door burst open.

Alex was there, but she wasn't alone. She was making out with some girl. Diana recognized her as a Junior in the year below. The déjà vu from her first encounter with Alex hit her and Diana cleared her throat loudly, not willing to have to go through the whole thing again.

Alex stopped kissing the girl and instead whispered something into her ear before winking at her and walking further into the class. Diana watched as the girl blushed before closing the art room door behind her on her way out.

"Well, you look delighted to see me," Alex said with a lopsided grin as she made her way over to a chair.

"Alex, you are more than half an hour late," Diana replied sternly as she glared at the girl sitting across from her. "Do you have any regard at all for others?"

Alex pretended to be in deep thought. "No, not really?"

"Really? I didn't notice."

Alex's playful attitude had disappeared, and she had now matched the glare that Diana was giving her. "I don't want to be here, you know that?"

"I think so, you might have made it clear a couple hundred times," Diana retorted as she set up a canvas in front of her and adjusted her seat, "neither do I."

"You should be a tree for how far you've got a stick up your ass."

"Nice one, did you come up with that yourself?"

Alex sighed in defeat, much to Diana's relief. She wasn't sure how much longer she could take the petty bickering that was going on between them.

"Honestly, did you really have to take so long to show up here?" Diana grumbled as she set paintbrushes out in front of her.

"Can you blame me? Perfection takes time."

It was then that Diana took a good look at the girl sitting idly a little distance from her. They were starting off with the professional portrait and Alex was dressed in a navy blue suit with her hair swept to the side. She looked good, everything about her appeared crisp and cleanly cut in that moment. Diana had to admit it, she was pretty much the definition of perfection in that moment.

"Done checking me out?" Alex asked, noticing Diana regarding her. She had a smirk on her face, which immediately aroused a deep irritation within Diana.

"I'm not checking you out, you look ridiculous. All that making out you were doing moments ago has fucked up your face," Diana lied.

Once again, the smirk disappeared from Alex's face. She opened her mouth to reply.

"Could you sit there instead? I have a better view and the sun hits you better, so it'd help conceal the lipstick stains over your face," Diana quickly interjected before she could say anything.