Bonus Chapter

Please Note* Incidents in this chapter took place before the timeline of this book. This Bonus chapter is about the boating accident and how it happened in Castle's POV

*~*

CASTLE

Sundays were fun. It was also a family day out for the Montgomerys. Dad, Aster, and all my other siblings spent time together every Sunday without fail. We would have barbecues, a day out at the beach, but today we were going on a boating trip, not far away from the property.

Dad said it was a good way to communicate and bond together as a family.

I agreed with him.

This particular Sunday was different, though. For Christopher and Aster Montgomery, it was going to be Doomsday.

I sat in my study, going through the documents, making sure things were perfect.

Planning a murder is easy, executing it is not. And the execution is what I was worried about. One wrong move and things would take a different turn.

Theo knew what he was supposed to do. I had his full support, and that's all I wanted. Just my brother on my side to clean up the mess.

I watched from the French window. Devin and Daya were near the patio, helping Winston stock beverages in the icebox, laughing and joking, oblivious to the shit that was about to go down.

These were my players. The most important ones and they had no idea about it.

The door to my study opened, and Chandler walked inside. He had an annoyed expression plastered on his face.

"Do you need something, Buddy?" I asked him, checking all the documents in the file.

He folded his arms across his chest. "Mom says I have to attend this stupid fishing trip! I don't want to! All you guys do is catch fish and chit-chat!"

I grinned, "what do you want to do?"

"It's Leo's birthday. I want to attend the party. All the kids from school are going there and it's going to be super cool. Can I go there instead, Castle? I have his gift all wrapped up." Then he added, "If you explain mom, she will understand because she listens to you."

"Sure, buddy. You wanna attend your friend's party? Fine with me. I'll explain to mom."

"Yesss!" Chandler exclaimed. "You're the best older brother!"

*~*

The night still haunted me when I found my mother, Lorna, in the cellar. I couldn't forget the night even if I tried, and I'd used that night as fuel for retribution. I had kept going, marking the day, waiting for the time I could strike.

This family welcomed us even though we were outsiders, but I was going to be one of them. I deserved it.

Any person who came between this would be eliminated.

I wore a casual t-shirt and denim jeans. I liked to keep the five o'clock shadow on my face because it made me look better.

It was a beautiful day. Such a shame about what was about to go down.

Trixie wouldn't stop barking. It's as if she had a premonition of what was going to happen. I ruffled her head before boarding.

I boarded the yacht. Theo was in the back, playing music on the stereos. Dayana was texting on her phone furiously. She looked up, and when she saw me staring at her, she quickly pocketed her phone as if I would ask her who she was chatting with.