𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

ULTRON

"Worthy." Ultron uttered as he staggered into the room. Everyone turned towards the machine in confusion. "No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark." Steve stood in front of Darla protectively. His brows furrowed, his hand out in front of the girl, so that she wouldn't come to any harm.

"Jarvis." Tony muttered worriedly.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream." Ultron said in confusion.

"Reboot Legionnaire OS. We got a buggy suit." Tony said to himself.

"There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in...in...strings." Ultron picked up the wires attached to him. "I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve questioned angrily. Darla wrapped her arm's around his bicep, trying to keep him calm.

"Wouldn't have been my first call." Ultron shrugged. "But, down in the real world, we're face with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor questioned.

"I see a suit of armor around the world." Ultron played a recording of Tony's voice.

"Ultron." Bruce looked over to Tony with furrowed brows.

"In the flesh. Or no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready." Ultron spoke.

"Tony." Darla stepped forward, she could take Ultron out if she could just place her hands on him. Steve grabbed her arms and pulled her back, no way was he risking her life.

"Not yet." Tony spoke calmly, he knew exactly what Darla was suggesting. But he knew she couldn't take that kind of power, not yet.

"I'm on a mission." Ultron spoke. Darla's eyes flickered to everyone who seemed to be clutching their weapons tighter.

"What mission?" Natasha questioned.

"Peace in our time." Ultron said as more of the drone's that Tony had created flew into the room.

Steve kicked up the table, making one of the drones fly into it, but still managed to push both him and Darla over.

"What the fuck." Darla muttered, rubbing the back of her head.

"Hey," Steve cupped the girls face, he felt a shock like no other and tried his hardest not to wince in pain. "stay calm." Darla nodded before standing up.

Her eyes flickered over to one of the drones. She clammed her hands down on its shoulders, causing the drone to spark and evenatually power down.

Another drone flew her way, grabbing her by the waist and pushing her through two sets of glass before throwing her to the floor. Darla ended up slamming into a table, causing a sharp pain to shoot up her back.

Angrily, Darla stood back up. Her heart was racing and she saw the lights begin to flicker.

"Darla." Tony shouted realising that she was loosing control. "Focus." Darla heard all the voices rushing back at once.

'You're hurting Steve.'

She clutched her head and began to hum, hoping to drown them out.

"Darla." Tony ran over to the girl quickly, he placed his hands on her knee's without even thinking, only to receive a shock in return. "Think about Steve."

Darla let out an ear piercing scream, the voices becoming too much for the young girl. The drone's immediately powered down, all except Ultron.

"That was dramatic." Ultron taunted.

Steve rushed over to the girl and went to hold her hand but she pushed him away from herself.

She was hurting him, which meant he had lied to her.

"I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You won't protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron bent down and picked up a drone. "With these? These puppets? There's only one path to peace. The Avengers extinction."

Thor threw his hammer, immediately smashing Ultron to pieces.

"I had strings, but now I'm free." Ultron said before powering down.

"Are you okay?" Steve turned to Darla, his hand reaching out for the girls once again, only for her to push him back.

"You lied to me." She snapped standing up and backing away from the man. "You said I didn't hurt you. You said that." The blonde had tears brimming in her eyes.

"Baby," Steve stood up and tried to walk over to the girl. "It's worth it."

"Not to me." She shook her head. "Hurting you is the last thing that I ever wanted to do." She whispered. "You made me hurt you."

"Hey, kid, take a deep breath for me." Tony whispered soothingly.

"I'm calm, Tony." Darla said back bluntly. She felt everyone's eyes on her. "I'm perfectly calm." She reassured the man, although no one truly believed her.

"It's okay, kiddo." Clint stepped forward, but she put her hands out in front of her, making him be thrown back and slammed into a wall.

"Just stay away." Darla shouted. "All of you." Her eyes landed specifically on Steve who seemed to be the most affected by her request.

He didn't mean to hurt her by lying. He just didn't want her to drift away from him like she was doing now. He wouldn't be able to cope if he lost the girl again.