four.

YELLOW" chapter four

YELLOW
" chapter four... "
( 💛, 🩹, 🐝, 🍋, 🍯, 📒 )

AS ELEANOR sat absentmindedly doodling in her
notebook, rather than paying attention to her history teacher, she felt a sudden presence beside her. she had zoned out from the class over twenty minutes before, and was only drawing small flowers in her pink glitter pen.

"eleanor, are you listening?" she looked up, seeing stiles beside her with a worried look on his face. she shook herself out of her trance, pushing her hair behind her ear and smiling gently. she pushed her notebook shut, placing her pen down and giving the boy her full attention.

"sorry, what were you saying?" she shook her head again, trying to pull herself out of her zombie like state. his eyebrows were still nervously pinched as he looked at her, and the way her lips were parted perfectly. he looked overly worried, and she could sense it.

"are you doing okay?" he asked, looking to her nervously and letting his eyes trail over her face. she nodded slowly, not understanding why he was so worried about her. she'd only known the boy for a little over a month and they'd already become close friends.

"okay...we've got a history project due for next friday. do you wanna be my partner?" she smiled gently, nodding her head and picking up her things as the bell rang. as the two left the room together, they spotted allison and lydia leaning against the lockers, and taking in two new boys.

"so, my house? my dad's out of town so we can properly study." she almost stumbled over telling the boy that her dad wasn't there, trying to avoid him thinking that that was the reason she wanted to do it at her own house. the social anxiety had nothing to do with it.

"y-yeah, sure. i'll see you later, elle." she didn't know why the shortening of her name made her heart skip a beat. or why that dumb smile came to her lips as she walked over to where the girls were stood. but it did, and it was all because of that boy.

"so, which one do you think is straight?" she felt a small tap on her shoulder, spinning around to face lydia. she was pointing to a set of twins, who were beginning to walk past the two of them. she studied them for a minute, before deciding on the one on the left.

"ethan. he's the one on the left, big fan of danny." she gave the two girls a short wink, plucking her books and book bag out of her locker, and waving a quick goodbye to the two of them. she plugged her headphones in, letting her playlist shuffle, and wandered outside.

she almost crossed the road when a blue jeep pulled up
in front of her, almost knocking her off of her feet. she frowned, until she looked through the window and noticed who it was. "hey, elle. you want a ride?" she smiled and nodded, climbing into the passenger seat with a grin.