Chapter 46: Waking up

Katherine Wright

I woke up in my bed. At home. I saw myself in a plain white sundress. My injuries were all healed. I wasn't feeling any pain. As if everything was just a really bad dream and it ended when I woke up. My feet took me to the garden. I couldn't see any of my brother's their.

It was nice and sunny in the garden. I saw a women watering plants. Her back facing me. I couldn't recognize her.

"Um..excuse me? I'm sorry I dont recognize you. Can you tell me where are my brothers?" The lady turned and I gasped.

"Mom?"

"Sweetheart. You have grown into a beautiful girl" She said.

"H-how? Am I seeing you because I'm I'm de-dead?"

"You are just like I imagined you." She said and engulfed me into a hug. It was so warm and soothing. So comforting.

"Am-am I in heaven?" I asked. Seeing my mom must be a part of heaven. Right?

She just ushers me to sit.

"I see you all everyday. I watch over all of you."

"Mom where am I?"

"You are fighting life and death my child. This is where you get to choose."

"Choose whether I get to live or not?"

"I wish it was that simple honey. You make peace here. With life or death that's your choice."

"I already made peace with death mom."

"No my dear. If you truly had you wouldn't be here."

"I faced so much pain there. I dont wanna go back. I want to stay here with you."

"Oh I'm always with you no matter what you choose. Think about it. You faced pain. But it only made you stronger. Stronger to last longer than you thought you would. Where there is pain there is cure? Dont you love our family?"

"Ofcourse I do. I always will. I love them so much."

"Then why are you here? You should go back to them."

"I dont know what to do. I'm just so tired of everything. For making these choices. For bearing all that pain. I just want peace."

"And what about those who love you. Wont it shatter their lives?"

"I know that I'm being selfish. But I just."

"You can never be selfish my child. Your soul is too pure for that. I see how kind you are. How you always put others before you. How much you are willing to do for your loved ones. You are tired. I understand love. But if you would have really given up then you wouldn't be here with me."

"How did you choose mom?"

"It wasn't easy for me too. But I felt fulfilled. I feel in love. I had beautiful children. I saved my daughter from harm. And I knew that your father would never fail as a parent. I knew he would be able to handle it. I had lived what I wanted. It was enough for me. So I just got my peace. Peace from where I see all of you."

"But you my love have so much to live for. You still have a lot of time to spend with your family. You have to fall in love. Start a family of your own. You have so many choices to make. You are beautiful, intelligent, kindhearted and selfless. You deserve another chance at life honey."

"Promise me love. You will make the most of it. True love awaits you my child. I can see it so close to you. Always remember I'm proud of you. All of you."