Overwhelming Feelings

Samantha Anderson

"A million dollars? Man, you could do so much better," Niall Horan, a feisty businessman from Ireland, laughed. His voice echoing throughout the hotel. He had a beautiful black woman, Claira, on his arm. They had been married for two years now and she was absolutely stunning. I admired just about everything about her. 

I wish I could concentrate on the riveting conversation they were currently having, but I just couldn't do it. My entire concentration was on Harry and his lips. I know, it was incredibly strange and completely inappropriate. But just the way he looked in this very moment was distracting.

For the first time in the short time I have known him, he looked...happy. He was interested in the conversation and his face showed it. His eyes lit up and his lips looked pink and happy. He looked engaged and interested and, frankly, like he was enjoying himself. 

He was absolutely stunning in the scariest way possible. 

And I hated myself for feeling this way. I wasn't supposed to find him attractive. He was supposed to be a bastard. But no. He was cute and beautiful and god-like. He was everything every girl wanted. However, I was trying to convince myself I didn't want him.

But it was getting more and more difficult as the night went on. 

He was being a perfect gentleman, even having a solid, kind conversation with me. It was overwhelming. It didn't help that I had to constantly remind myself I had a kind and sweet boyfriend at home.

God, I was horrible.

"Go to hell, Niall," Harry laughed, taking a sip of his whisky. If there was one thing I've learned since meeting Harry it was that he enjoyed his whisky, specifically Manhattans. It was, in a way, completely expected but also completely unexpected.

He was such a control freak that it was hard to imagine him drinking and allowing something else to control his actions. But then, of course, whisky was the rich man's drink. And Harry was a very rich man. He had had his fair share this evening and I'm sure it was part of what was loosening him up so much. 

Although, I was sure Niall was not the best influence. 

"So, tell me, who's the lovely lady on your arm and how much are you paying her to be here?" Niall said, a smirk appearing on his face. Claira slapped his arm, annoyance clear on her face.

"I'm Samantha Anderson," I said, putting my hand out. He shook it eagerly.

"That doesn't answer my second question," he said, wrapping his arm around Claira.

"I'm not being paid, but I do work for one of his investment companies," I said, looking at Harry and hoping that was the right answer. He just nodded his head, slightly looking at me.

"Wow, I thought he'd bring that assistant of his, Alexandria, guess you've beaten her out," he said, punching Harry's shoulder, one last time. "I best be going, lots of folks to chat with. Congrats on the membership mate!"

He walked off, Claira still on his arm, giggling along with him.

"He's a bit much, isn't he," Harry said, shaking his head.

"Just a bit," I responded, slightly chuckling. Harry responded with a slight smile, obviously trying to avoid laughing at something I actually said.

~

"Thank God this night is over," Harry said, leaning back on his leather chair in his car.

"It wasn't that bad," I responded, crossing my arms. He was such a drama queen sometimes. It was a night filled with good food and free alcohol. I didn't have many complaints. Except that I was forced to go by Harry freaking Styles. Regardless how handsome he was.

"Well aren't you Ms. Positive," he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms as he spoke.

"You're such an ass sometimes," I muttered under my breath, not really meaning to.

"What did you just say?" he said, raising his eyebrows. I couldn't believe I had actually said it. It's not like we were that respectful to one another. But I had yet to actually voice my full feelings for him.

"Um," I said, biting my lip.

"You actually just called me an 'ass'," Harry said, surprise filling his voice and another tone was there too. Could it really be admiration?

"Sorry, sir," I responded, avoiding his gaze. I didn't need to get caught up in the Harry stare right now. Not when all I could think about was his face and his memorizing lips. For a girl who hated him, I was very good at saying nice things about him.

He ignored my comment and continued to stare at me, his lips slightly parted. And there we go with the lips again. Damn it, he needed to stop being so freaking attractive.

"Why are you staring at me?"I asked once it was getting too obnoxious. I mean, no one should just stare at you, especially when you are so aware of it.

"I've had an epiphany," he said, his eyes never leaving mine. His voice was low and raspy, like he'd just woken up.

I raised my eyebrows and responded, "Okay?"

"That is that I'd very much like to fuck you in this moment."

My breath hitched at his words. He hadn't just said that? Had he?

I had heard through the office that Harry didn't sleep with employees. So his offer was not only shocking but also absolutely overwhelming. I had a fucking boyfriend for God's sake. A very sweet, kind, good boyfriend.

Still, though, the thoughts of allowing Harry to bring his lips to mine ran through my head. I wasn't emotionally attracted to the guy, but I sure as hell was physically. He had a good body, good hair, and nice face.

But could I really do this? Could I?

I didn't have much more of an opportunity to think about it because Harry brought his hands to my face.

He looked me in the eyes, silently asking for assurance. Before I had the opportunity to agree, he brought his lips to mine, locking us together in a whirlwind of emotion. His hot breath covered my face and our lips moved in sync.

It was like the meeting of two strong forces and I couldn't control my actions. I was completely overwhelmed by the intensity and chemistry that was racing between us. His hands roamed my body, groping me in places I hadn't been groped in a long time.

Luke and I's sex life wasn't exactly great right now, as work had all but interrupted every opportunity.

And I was hot and heavy for some sex. And I was about to get it.

"Oh fuck," I mumbled into his mouth, doing the same as him. I ran my hands through his curly hair, pulling on the ends of it, twisting my hands in it. The electricity that ran through us was amazing and sexy.

I've never felt more alive than when I was kissing Harry.

Author's Note: FINALLY.

Also, I was hoping that someone could make a book trailer? Thanks so much!