16

Maxim's pov

We all watched as Addison left. I looked at Elijah.

"I asked to fucking drop it. I asked you guys to not make a fucking scene." I say coldly. He looked at me and I raised an eyebrow.

"What just happened?" Darius asked. I don't pay any attention to them.

"How many calls did she make to me, Maxim?" I don't say anything. "How many?"

"517. Every fucking day, Elijah. When you did answer, she had a bright smile on her face. Then when she heard that bitch's voice, her smile dropped and she had tears in her eyes. Unlike me, I actually picked up the phone whenever she called. You don't even ask what happened with Ryan. You don't ask."

"I picked her up and dropped her in that town. We talked." I shake my head.

"What did you guys talk about?" He tensed up and paled. "Nothing. She called after you left. You didn't even see what her fucking house looked like. She called me bawling her eyes out because you wouldn't talk to her."

"She didn't call me after that anymore." He whispered.

"No. She didn't. She really didn't. I tried getting her to call you, but she didn't care. She didn't care about anything. She still doesn't. Unlike you, when we get into fights, we still talk. Yeah, we may go a couple of months not talking to each other but it's whatever. I still answer whenever she calls. Sooner or later, we apologize. A shitty apology but it doesn't matter. At least I owned up to my mistakes while you're still making them." I say coldly.

I pull my phone out of my pocket and call someone. They answered on the first ring.

"Find my niece and track her."

"Will do boss." I hang up and run a hand down my face.

"What if we ask what happened with Ryan and she shuts down, does that mean she's not opening up?" Dante asked. I looked at him.

"She'll open up to you guys. She just needs to see if she trusts you or not. She'll open up, sooner or later. If she doesn't, I'll talk to her." I say quietly. They nod. The waitress comes back with our food and places it down.

A few hours later...

Addison's pov

I look at the shipment and smile. My people get it all in the truck. My right hand man comes over.

"He talked about you, you know?" He said quietly.

"What did he say?"

"A lot of it was how proud he was of you. Richard may have been a bitch but he was proud of you. He was proud of Adrian but that was before he turned his back on him."

"He was proud of me?" I ask.

"Very much. He wanted you and Adrian to take over but he's proud you stepped up and didn't turn his back on him." He says. I nod. My phone buzzed and I took it out.

D- Are you coming home soon? It's 3 am, Addison. I'm not mad, just come home.

"You gotta go? You got a man waiting for you?" My second hand man asked. I look at him.

"You can handle all of this?" I ask. He looks at me and nods. "Text me when it's delivered to the warehouse, got it?"
"Yes ma'am. I'll call if something happens." I don't say anything else and leave.

I keep walking to my car when I notice someone following me. I take my gun out and point it at the person.

"You've been following me the entire night, what the fuck do you want?" I say coldly.

"Your uncle sent me. He wants you to call him."

"I will when I get back home."

I get in the car and start it. I speed out of the place and go back to the mansion. The roads were empty besides some people out. I didn't feel like speeding.

I got all of the equipment for the car that I'm about to work on tonight. I got it from my second hand man. I knew him since I was young. He's been there ever since. Everybody likes him. He's nice but he can be cold.

I get home 30 minutes later. I park and get out of the car. I slowly go up to the door and open it. I go to the kitchen and see Dante sitting there with a glass of whiskey in front of him. He looked at me and gave me a blank look.

"I'm sorry for causing a scene in the restaurant. It wasn't very like me." I say softly.

"You worried me, Addison. You don't leave the fucking restaurant and not call nor text any of us." I looked at him.

"You shouldn't worry about me, Dante. You'll get hurt in the end." I say quietly. He doesn't say anything.

"I'm going to bed, Addison. If you leave, either text, leave a note or tell someone. Don't really want to wake up and you gone." He says after a while. I don't say anything. I watch as he goes upstairs, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I soon go upstairs to change out of the dress. I put some shorts on and a shirt that I couldn't care less about. I go back downstairs with my phone and air pods.

I went out to the garage and began working on the car.

How do you like this one?

Share vote and comment!