Chapter 10

Mitch's POV:

When we got to the loft Annika and I saw everyone's cars parked outside and noticed that we were the last ones to get there. We parked the car next to Derek's camaro and got out of the car walking to the door hand in hand.

We went up the up the elevator and towards the loft door staying vigilant and guarded in case someone was listening or was there spying. I knocked on the door but didn't wait for it to be opened, I just walked in with Annika.

As expected, I saw the pack and Stan there after letting him know to meet us here. They were all sat down on the couches while Stan and Derek were stood up. They all turned to the door facing us but I only acknowledged Stan by nodding my head towards him as a greeting.

He nodded back and Annika and I walked towards the couches. She sat down on one of the love seats alone while I stood facing everyone else with my arms crossed.

Third Person POV:

"Is it secure?" Mitch asked, turning towards Stan. He nodded walking over to a computer on the coffee table. "Good." He turned to face the pack "Okay. The threat we are facing is one I've dealt before. Coincidentally, he tried bombing something that time too, except that one was on a much bigger scale."

"He is only coming after Beacon Hills and after all of you to get to me. I don't know how he got a hold of my old name, we destroyed any record of that person ever existing. But he did. And he connected that name to you."

"He wants revenge for stopping him last time. He is dangerous. He will do anything to get what he wants. Last time it was revenge on Stan and the government. Now, it's revenge on me. You all need to be extra vigilant."

"Never let your guard down and I would say 'Don't let it get personal' but I guess it's too late for that." he said with an emotionless chuckle. "Mitch." Stan warned. Mitch looked over at Stan who had look that said 'Don't.'

Mitch just rolled his eyes. "You know I'm right Stan." "I doesn't matter how personal it gets you Don't. Make it. Personal. You know that, better than anyone." Stan retorted. "I know Stan but that doesn't matter anymore. It became personal THE MINUTE he involved them in this!"

"SO DON'T TELL ME NOT TO MAKE IT PERSONAL! BECAUSE IT IS and you know that, better than anyone." Mitch yelled as he and Stan had a staring, or glaring, contest. Although it seemed like neither one of them was going to back down anytime soon.

The pack and Annika saw this so she walked forward, clearing her throat "Anyway let's get back to the topic at hand. Ghost." And with that name mentioned the contest was broken because they both had one goal. Take Ghost down.

Stan started typing on the computer and pulled up Ghost's file and information and turned the computer to show the pack. "This is what he looks like. His name is Ronnie.'Stan started with a sigh. he glanced at Mitch who just gave him a little reassuring nod. 'He was one of my students."

"He was good, thought there was something there. But he went on a mission, got caught in explosion because he disobeyed my orders. Other lives were at stake but he didn't listen and cost more lives to be lost."

Mitch could see that Stan was done so he continued from there "The CIA tracked me down after I tried to kill the leaser of the terrorist group that attacked the beach. I was close too but they killed them all before I got the chance."

Mitch didn't look up to see the faces of the people from his past, he just kept looking down at the computer screen. "They recruited me and Stan was the one who trained me. Our boss, Irene, needed someone for a mission in Rome so she took me and another and sent us over."

"Annika had already been working there so she met us at the airport. We were stopping a bombing threat that was going to kill thousands of innocents. We were close and later on found out that Ronnie was behind it and he wasn't going to attack Rome, he was after the U.S. Navy's Sixth fleet."

"So I followed him out. I jumped on the plane as it was headed out and tried to stop him. We fought a bit, got a couple of new scars and some bruises but in the end I grabbed his knife and stabbed him in the neck."

"I managed to get the bomb far enough away from the fleet that there was only damage done to a couple of the boats but no lives were lost. It was a close call and Annika nearly killed me after she healed but it was over. Mission complete."

"But I guess we were wrong." Annika said. "Yea. He should be dead but he just doesn't know how to stay dead." Mitch said. The room was quiet, everyone was trying to process what they just heard.

Their friend coming back from the dead, working for the CIA, killing people, and the bombing that is now going to happen in their town. All of a sudden of a voice was heard throughout the silence "Reminds me of Kate."

None other than Derek Hale. Who'd have thought? Brooding, moody Sourwolf was making jokes. Mitch wasn't as surprised as he thought he would be, they'd all changed so much. But the joke did catch him off guard so a little smile and a chuckle slipped from his mouth.

They were there for a second but it was long enough for everyone to see and hear. It gave the pack and his family something that they hadn't had in a while. It gave them hope. Hope that their friends former self was still in there somewhere. And it also made Annika happy to see the small smile on Mitch, even for just a second.

Stan and Annika didn't know who Kate was but even though Stan would never admit it out loud, he was also happy to see that small smile on Mitch's face. The man was like a son to him, it was nice to see him smiling.

_________________________________

Sorry it took so long to update I have been kind of stressed with work and I was stumped on what to write for this book but I'm back and I hope y'all like the chapter.
Much love. ✌️💕