--Canon Harry meets Papa Voldie--

The Dark Lord's Castle

9:03 AM

Harry didn't really understand how he got here. He had dove into the veil to save Sirius, and somehow, instead of waking up in some misty void, he awoke in the center of a garden. He frowned, his hand coming up to rub at his scar while he looked around. The garden was beautiful and well-kept, and in the distance Harry could see a giant, dark and foreboding castle. He slowly got to his feet, trembling under the weight of his injuries. He took a step forward, hissing as his bruised and battered body protested.

Is he dead? Is this death? He felt a little put out; he always assumed death was painless. Looking around he struggled to find anything familiar. He just wanted to save Sirius, the only person who seemed to actually care about him. Sirius, Harry thought with a wave of grief, his godfather was gone. Professor Lupin had said that Sirius was gone, but Harry refused to accept this.

"SIRIUS?!" Harry screamed, looking around. There was no answer, and Harry was beginning to freak out. He was cold, hurt, in a lot of pain and in an unfamiliar place. He just wanted to go home. "SIRIUS WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Harry jumped when he heard the familiar pop of a House Elf. "Who's are you?" a house elf asked, causing Harry to turn around and face it. The House Elf let out a surprised shriek when she saw Harry's face, hands coming up to nervously twist her giant ears. "Little One...? Yous be big?"

"I'm sorry can you help me? I don't know where I am," Harry asked gently, choosing to ignore the strange question. "I'm looking for someone. Can you help me find him?"

"Little One be looking for his Papa?" the House Elf asked, her eyes lighting up. "Mipsy be taking yous to your Papa."

"My Papa?" Harry asked, his eyes widening. So he really was dead, then? Was this heaven? It was nice, although Harry could do without the agonizing injuries. This House Elf was going to take him to see his mom and dad, though, so Harry supposed it would be okay. "Okay, you can take me to see my Dad. Could you also take me to Sirius?"

"Yous be looking for Mr. Black?" the House Elf asked in confusion. Harry grinned and nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes! Yes please!" Harry cried, his hands shaking at the thought of seeing his family. A small part of him felt bad that he was dead now, but mostly he was happy to be free from all the stress and pain that came with being alive. "Please take me to Sirius!"

"Mr. Black be speaking with yous Papa," the House Elf said. "Mipsy be taking yous now."

Harry grinned, his emerald eyes shining brightly with excitement as he followed the House Elf. She led him through the beautiful gardens up to the scary castle he'd seen. Harry could feel a bit of hesitance creeping up inside him, but he pushed it away in favor of seeing his family again.

The interior of the castle was actually much nicer than the exterior, beautiful decor and furniture making the castle seem open and welcoming, if a bit pretentious. Harry followed the House Elf through the halls of the surprisingly empty Castle---this place is where souls go after they die, yes? So where was everyone?---only to stop in front of a set of huge oak doors.

"Mr. Black and your Papa be in there, Little One." the House Elf said, looking at him nervously. Harry smiled at the House Elf gratefully, nodding at the little Elf before he pushed open the grand doors.

His gaze landed on Sirius' surprised face and Harry grinned, throwing himself at the man. "SIRIUS!" he cried, tears springing into his eyes. "I thought y-you were gone for good! I'm so glad you're o-okay!"

"Um... Who are you?" Sirius asked, looking at him with a funny look in his eyes. Harry frowned, before he realized that Sirius was joking and chuckled, playfully shoving his shoulder.