Cal Kestis

I felt a pair of eyes on me and looked up to see Cal watching me train with a blaster.

"Something funny?" I asked with a smile.

"You're holding it wrong. Here let me show you." He said as he came up behind me.

"I thought Jedi on out knew how to use lightsabers." I said with a laugh.

"The clones use to teach me how to shoot. My master was against blasters, but the clones thought it would be good for me to learn how to use one incase I didn't have my saber." He explained.

He put his arms around me and helped me hold the blaster. He kept his hands on mine and put his chin on my head.

"Look at the target... now shoot."

I pulled the trigger and smiled as it hit the target. I turned to look at Cal and quickly jumped up and hugged him.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed as he gently hugged me back.

I pulled away from him and smiled up at him.

"Don't worry about it. It was nothing." He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"I have to go show Cere!" I exclaimed as I ran off.

After showing me how to shoot, it was as if Cal had started to ignore me and I had no idea why. When I would walk up to him and try to talk to him he would 'remember' something he had forgot to do. After a week of this happening I had enough and decided to confront him when I knew he couldn't escape.

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked angrily.

"What do you mean?"

"You're ignoring me!"

"I'm not ignoring you... look can we talk about this later? I have to go and talk to Cere-"

"Cere isn't here and neither is Greez. Now talk to me! I miss my best friend." I said as I felt tears well up.

"Maybe I don't want to be your best friend, maybe I want to be more and I can't handle it!" He snapped.

I looked at him shocked and he let out a sigh.

"Cal... why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was scared... I've always been told attachments are forbidden and.. and to be in love with you... hurts. It hurts because I know that I can never be with you."

"Why not? Why can't we be together?"

"Because if I lose you.... I'll fall... and I can't. I won't. I'm sorry." He said as he turned and walked away.

"Then I can't stay! I can't stay here and pretend like I don't love you Cal.... I won't." I said as I turned and walked away from him, leaving the only man I could ever love.