Chapter 15: Not Like This

I think I see the light to heaven, but then I remember I'm in Hell.

My body aches. My head is throbbing. I feel like my skin is melting.

Everything hurts. My eyes begin to water. For a second I think it's because the sun is in my eyes, but then I realize it's because I'm crying.

I haven't cried in years. Not since my Castor died that day.

The sun begins to set, and the moon begins to rise.

My eyes stay glued to the sky.

I can't move. I can't think.

Is this it? I die like this? I don't even go out swinging?

No. This is a coward's death.

With much effort, I pull my arms up and try to push myself into a sitting position.

"Not like this. Not like this," I growl through gritted teeth.

I won't go like this.

"Get UP!" I hiss and myself.

"GET UP!!!" I yelled at myself. With shaking limbs, I managed to stand.

My hands rested on my knees.

What do I do? I have no water.

I look at Heron, who is passed out on the ground. She's alive.

I feel something wet on my skin. I look up at the starry sky, and I see, and feel, raindrops. Raindrops. Water. It begins to pour. I make an animal like sound and grab the jug from my bag. I limp over to a patch of trees.

Water streams down the leaves. I put the jug to the leaves and it fills. I take a giant gulp. I immediately feel better.

I fill the jug up the rest of the way and carry it back.

"Heron! Heron, water, wake up!" I say happily.

Heron opens her eyes groggily. I give her the jug and she drinks it.

We're okay. We're okay.

Maybe I will get home after all.

AN: SORRY, SHORT CHAPTER. VERY short chapter. I wish I could have written more but it's just hard. ;^;

I HOPE IM NOT GETTING WRITERS BLOCK. *_*

And also: 364 READS!!!! Thanks you guys so much for sticking through this story!

Now I have a second version of this chapter I might put out later on but I'm not sure. Well... I also have a third version but that involves June dying... Yeah I scrapped that one.

Anyways, until next time!!!! :3