-13-

(PLEASE GO CHECK OUT AvaTheSlytherinQueen  SHE'S WORKING ON A STORY, please gon support her as much as you can!)

Corpse's Pov

Sykkuno laid peacefully on his hospital bed, snoring softly. He looked so peaceful, I walked up to his bed, sitting on the side. I laid my hand on his hair, gliding my hand gently against his soft hair.

Rae and Toast weren't here, they were in school, but they were just as worried as I am. Sykkuno started to stir, movements slow. He rubbed his eyes with his sleeve and started to open his eyes. "Corpse..?" His eyes still squinting slightly. "Aren't you supposed to be in school..?" I rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah, but.. I don't think I could focus so came to visit you instead." He smiled at me, how is he still so calm and content with everything so far? I don't have that kind of energy. "That's nice of you, Corpse." I smile weakly back at him. Sykkuno slowly sat up and adjusted to the brightness of the room.

"How are you feeling Sy?" Hopefully he's recovering better. "I've been feeling a little weak, tired, the cough hasn't stopped either, but its less often, though I cough flowers everytime I do, it's no longer petals." My heart dropped at what he said, what? "Isn't that serious? Flowers instead of petals." He looked down at his hands. "I think so, I'm scared, Corpse." I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. Without thinking, I wrap my arms around Sykkuno, he doesn't deserve all of this. Sykkuno hugs back, I felt his tears fall onto my shoulder, oh bingus.

10 39 am, I've been with Sykkuno the whole time. This is frustrating, not knowing how to ease his pain. Sykkuno's been trying to fight all this pain, how is he still holding on? "Corpse, do you think I'll ever be cured?" I stare at him, eyes widened. "You will, surely you will." I held Sykkuno's hand, what was he saying?
"I'm hanging on for you all, I don't want to see any of you sad." Sykkuno.. why did this all have to happen to the nicest person I know? "Corpse, if I anything does happen to me, could you take care of Bimbus for me? Take care of yourself and our friends." I stayed silent for a moment. "Sure, Sy."

"Corpse, I feel weak, it's hard to breathe. I wanna lay down for a bit." Oh god. "S-Sure, Syk." I helped him lie down, holding his hand, is he.. is he about to..

"The pain is unbearable, Corpse. It's like the pain is eating me alive, it hurts so much." His hand held tightly onto mine. "I'm losing my strength and energy, I'm scared, Corpse." Tears formed in his eyes, I can't let this happen, I'm not ready for him to leave me. I call for a doctor before looking at Sykkuno again.

"Sykkuno, please, Stay strong, just for a small while." I was practically praying, grasping onto any sign of hope.

"Corpse, I wanna rest now, I'm tired, I don't know if I'll even make it."

Sykkuno..

"NO, PLEASE, DONT GIVE UP JUST YET SYKKUNO.

Sykkuno.

"Corpse, please.. I can feel myself drifting away. I won't make it."

SYKKUNO.

"Nononono, this can't be happening. Please tell me this is all just a horrible nightmare."

Tears streamed down my cheeks. Sykkuno help onto my hand, his other hand caressing my cheek. "Corpse, you can feel my touch, can't you?" I nodded slowly. "This isn't a dream, as much as I wish it was too, it isn't. Corpse.." why, why does it have to be this way. "I just want to let you know, I've always loved you, even after my confession, I've never hated you, so please don't hate yourself either." His hand stayed fixed on my cheek, his face was the only thing I could look at, he was.. smiling, he was trying to stay positive, even with his dying breath.

"Corpse, Will you promise me this?"

"Of course, Sykkuno."

"Take good care of yourself, even after this. I'll be watching over you, from the skies above, you'll never be alone, just know that I'll be with you, even if I'm not in a Physical body. I'll treasure every second of what we've done together, hope you do too, Corpse. I love you, and I always will."

"I-I.. I promise." I couldn't stop crying, Sykkuno rubbed his hand against my cheek, trying to console me. His grip on my hand had become looser and looser with each passing moment.

"Sykkuno, please, don't leave me, I'll be alone again. I can't handle this."

"You're the strongest person I've met, I know you'll be okay, I'll make sure of it, Corpse."

His hand on my cheek fell, his body had lost strength for anything, his eyes barely open. 'I love you.' his last words, before his eyes had closed for the very last time, going into everlasting slumber.

Sykkuno.. you.. you actually..

A doctor burst into the room. "We need to revive him! Young man, please wait outside, we will do our best. With puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks, I walk out of the room.

"We couldn't save him, I'm sorry for your loss."

He actually died, Sykkuno..

"Time of death, 12:25pm. Cause of death, Hanahaki Disease."

It's too late to say this now, he's gone, but, I never got to say it back to him, he's listening, I know it.

Sykkuno.. I..

"I love you.."

------