97

March 14th of 1998

Nick Arthur Weasley.

That's the name we gave our son. I was in labor all night, pushed for forty-two minutes before we welcomed our son into the world at 7:52 in the morning.

Fred was there through it all, holding my hand, putting a wet cloth on my forehead, then taking it off again when I was sick of it.

Our baby boy came ten days late. Those last ten days were hell where I just waited and waited and waited for my water to break or my contractions to start. The boy was sitting on my bladder and it was driving me mad.

But now he was here.

There was a moment before I had to start push, where I panicked. I didn't want to do it because my friends couldn't be here to meet them. I so wanted them here but they still haven't been found, so yes... I started panicking.

Fred was the one who made me relax and after pushing for such a long time, I finally held baby Nick in my arms.

Fred and I both cried for so long. We were both so in love with him. Our tiny boy.

He was now all cleaned up, laying in Fred's arms in a tiny white onesie with grey skies printed into the fabric. Fred hadn't taken his eyes off of him, not even when talking to me, though I haven't either.

Nick has a lot of hair for a newborn. It's all red but it's a bit darker than Fred's. I think that comes from my hair being brown, so it darkens the redness. His eyes are blue at the moment but that's because he's a newborn and a baby's eye colour is mostly determined within nine months, those some babies eye colour doesn't complete settle until they're three years old. He has my nose, my lips but then he has Fred's bone structure, eye shape, eyebrows and obviously his hair colour.

The whole Weasley family came by earlier to see our little son. They were all thrilled, absolutely in love with him. Especially Arthur when he found out Nick's middle name was his name.

George hadn't left again. He was here and he was staring at his new nephew, just as much in love as the rest of us.

"It'll be so fun to play pranks on that little boy when he grows up." George said, causing Fred and I to both look at him.

"Don't you dare go near my son." Fred said in defence. "If you do, I'll plant fireworks in your bed when you're asleep and I'll blow you into pieces."

I smiled. I loved how protective Fred was. How much he loved baby Nick.

"I was joking, Freddie." George said and held up his hands in surrender. "Don't worry. I'll be the fun uncle but I won't play pranks on him until he's at least ten."

"George!" Fred warned him.

"What? Do you think he'll turn up to be a little boy who doesn't understand fun?" George asked. "Look at who his dad is and then look at his uncle. Me, not Percy. If he turns out to be as fun as Percy, I'm quitting life."

March 20th of 1998

"Looks like he's sleeping." Fred said after checking in Nick who was laying in his crib next to our bed. "What're you reading?"

He crawled into bed with me, sitting next to me against the headboard. I showed him the book and he smiled when he saw which one it was.

"I remember when you told me you really wanted to own that one." He said. "Still think you're insane."

"It's a good book!" I argued. "It's not like I agree with the fact that a grown man falls in love with a twelve-year-old girl but in the end she gets to live a life without him. That's the good part."

Fred hummed and placed his hand on my thigh, patting it gently, before he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. We were both really exhausted with a newborn baby so I didn't blame him for wanting to close his eyes for a bit. We didn't get much sleep and I hated closing my eyes because I was always scared that something would happen to Nick. I was really paranoid about it but the healer said that's normal to new mums.

George has been helping as much as possible while trying to run the shop on his own. He told Fred to take some time off to focus on parenthood.

We had to wait about a month until we could take Nick out of the home so once it was time, either Fred or I could carry him on our stomachs with the baby wrap.

"Fred?" I asked softly, leaning my head on his shoulder while continuing to read my book. He hummed faintly in response. "I love you."

April 2nd of 1998

"I am so exhausted." I mumbled as Fred hugged me from behind and gave my cheek a kiss.

"Then stop looking at this, babe." Fred said and snatched the newspaper from the table.

"Fred!" I exclaimed and looked at him as he curled the newspaper. "Fred, give that back to me!"

He sighed and turned towards me.

"I'm doing this to help you, darling. You've been collecting all of these newspapers since they disappeared. It's not healthy and I'm sorry to tell you this, but they're not coming back."

I leaned back in the chair, looking down at the table where the newspaper had just laid.

"Fred, c'mon." George sighed as he rocked Nick in his arms, from side to side. "Give her a break. It's only been nine months."

"And the Aurors haven't got one lead." Fred said. "They're not coming back."

"Fred!" George raised his voice as much as allowed due to his nephew trying to sleep in his arms.

"No, it's okay." I said. "I get where he's coming from. He thinks they're dead."

"What?" Fred frowned. "I didn't say that. Jules- that's not what I'm saying."

"It's okay." I assured him. "You're right. They probably are dead, but I just can't allow myself to think like that. I lost Nick and now the rest of my friends are gone too. Basically, the only two people who never left me, are you two... hopefully baby Nick won't leave either when he grows up and gets to know me."