twenty-eight

After an almost 40 minute drive, I get to my dad's hideout and park my car in front

After an almost 40 minute drive, I get to my dad's hideout and park my car in front. This hideout has been here for years and although Rossi and my father led different gangs, my dad allowed him to use the hideout if he needed it but I could've sworn he had the locks changed.

I don't see any cars or trucks around to let me know if anyone's there. It's almost 6 PM and it's getting colder outside. It's foggy so it's a bit hard to assess my surroundings even as I see the street lights coming on.

The hideout is located near the warehouse that is always used for haunted houses, ironically it was where Karma last caught me kill the guy that was following me who I'm definitely sure was one of Rossi's men.

I walk towards the two double doors and walk inside to see that the front lobby of the place is in shambles. Someone is most likely going to come to clean it up before Halloween and before they start setting up the haunted house but I'm not concerned about that.  It's the least of my concerns right now.

I walk a little bit further into the empty building, noticing how dark it was, I grab my phone and turn on the flashlight, looking to my left to find a staircase that leads down towards the basement.

The hideout was a smaller room located inside the basement area and as I'm inside the basement, I look at the smaller door that can be found on the right side. The basement is filled with cobwebs and dust and I'm very certain that no one has thought to come down here despite every single haunted house that's been had here.

Reaching the smaller door, there is supposed to be a large padlock on it that requires a passcode but when I get there I notice that it's been tampered with when I try to put in the code because the numbers or buttons on it are not lighting up in the way that they should.

Rossi truly went all out.

In fact, the lock has been tampered with so bad that when I try to twist the doorknob, it immediately opens without much effort causing me to become angrier at the fact that I have to get Nicholas to come down here and fix this.

Walking into the small lightly dimmed room I'm able to see all the damage that truly has been done and it reminds me of how fucking lazy I am that I didn't think about the upkeep in regards to this place.

I notice how quiet it is and I get confused considering that I expected Rossi to be waiting for me. As I'm looking around I see all the damage done when I go through the cabinets that were supposed to be full of dried foods. They were completely empty. The only thing left were the cases of Dasani water on the ground.

I hear a creaking sound coming from behind me but I don't know where it is as I begin to scan the room, putting my hand behind my back reaching for my gun that's sitting in my back pocket hidden underneath my black hoodie.

"Right over here, Son." I hear the same familiar low and raspy voice that I hadn't heard in a while

Rolling my eyes now that I'm aware of the person behind me I say, "I'm not your fucking son." I scoff at the insult, "Don't ever call me that."