Chapter 10

EECS100

ENGR151

MATH214

CHEM130

PHYS141

THE350

"Is that your class schedule?!" Mia nearly shrieks as she takes the seat beside me. "Sheesh. I got a migraine just looking at it."

I laugh. "I wanna declare my major by next semester," I explain. "Which is why I'm now averaging 20 hours of sleep a week."

"You're crazy," she says. "You know, I knew before coming here that the classes would be hard but now that I'm here and the classes are actually hard, I'm kinda pissed."

"Honestly, I think I overestimated myself," I say, mainly to myself. "And then there's Jasmine fucking David."

Shifting my eyes to the side, my eyes land on Jasmine David who doesn't have a hair out of place and is dressed to the nines at eight in the morning. Everyone in our major knows her because she can party one night and ace an exam the next. That and her uncanny resemblance to Kat Graham.

"Oh, be quiet. You're smart too. Us women need to stick together," she mutters. "Do you know how many guys on my robotics team in high school thought I was some dumb slut just there to mess around? Like boobs and a hot face automatically make me stupid."

"Didn't you say you became your robotics team captain?"

"Hell yeah I did," she says. "After fighting, like, everyone in my club for a semester."

"You amaze me."

"Please," she snorts. "You're on a full scholarship. That already puts you in the top three in this class."

I grin. "I think we're both just geniuses."

"Obviously," she agrees. "Now, do you know what we're supposed to be learning right now because I have no idea?"

---

Mia's in a couple of my classes and something about her is just charismatic. It's her confidence. Anytime the professor asks a question, she's the first to answer even though she's wrong most of the time.

Also, she really doesn't keep her mouth shut.

"Shit!" Mia yells loud enough for the professor to shoot her a look from the front of the class.

"Sorry," she sings then quickly falls back into her seat with despair. "Ugh, I did so bad."

Staring down at our first quiz results, I'm tempted to do the same.

"It was hard," I agree, biting on my lip.

"What did you get?" She peers over. "79? That's not bad. Look, I got a 68."

It is bad, though. Insanely bad. I've never gotten anything below an 87 in my life and that was once in middle school.

"I just don't get it," I say. "I studied for, like, two days straight."

She sighs. "Welcome to college. Thank God it's Friday and I don't need to deal with this shit until next week."

I laugh as we get up.

"Do you have plans for the weekend?" I ask even though I know the answer already. Mia even parties on the weekdays. It's impressive, honestly.

"Yeah, I'm going to some frat party with some of my girl friends. Sigma Delta Kappa Peppa Pig Pie whatever. I forgot the dumbass name but who cares? They go and I just follow."

She pauses and then looks at me.

"You should come with us," she says. "Take the night to forget about this stupid quiz. I think Katy's coming, too."

My instincts tell me to stay in my room for the night and do some studying. After all, I am on scholarship.

Still, I find myself asking, "Your friends won't mind?"

"Of course not!" she says. "I'll text you the room number."

A/N: double update!