Chapter 37: Thestrals

Everyone turned and looked to Amora, slowly

Everyone turned and looked to Amora, slowly. She glanced at the prophecy that Harry had clutched in his hand, before looking to his face. His expression flickered with uncertainty as he pulled the crystal ball away from her reach.

"Awwww, see? Your friends don't even trust you," Bellatrix mused, a wicked grin spread across her face. She was right, Amora's friends didn't trust her. After everything they had been through, Harry still had to hide the prophecy from her.

"No, but at least they were there for me. Not like you ever were," Amora snapped.

"Wish she had been, with the way you turned out," Lucius muttered.

"Stupefy!" Cedric shouted, his eyes filled with rage. Lucius was flung back, his body colliding with more of the small crystal prophecies. The shattering sounds filled the room as the Death Eaters surged forward.

"Scatter!" Harry yelled, and everyone did as he said. Amora grabbed Neville's hand and took off down a small row, three Death Eaters hot on their tail.

She managed to glance back once more, just in time to see Cedric grabbing Luna's hand and leading them down a separate hallway. That was her Cedric, always protecting others.

"Come on, Neville! You can do it!" Amora shouted to the Gryffindor, but she wasn't sure herself. He was running out of breath, and so was she. They couldn't go on much longer running.

They had to stop and hold their ground. Amora paused and glanced at Neville, who's eyes were as wide as saucer pans.

"Be brave, Neville. Even if you're not, just pretend to be. No one can tell the difference," Amora told him. Neville's expression changed from fearful to determined, faster than Amora thought was possible.

Suddenly, she understood why he had been put in Gryffindor. He was kind even in a cruel world, and that was true bravery.

"Duck!" Neville warned her. Without hesitation, they dropped to the ground and plumes of black smoke flew overhead, before arching to the ground. From the smoke emerged three men, all dressed in dark clothing.

"Stupefy!" The first one shouted. Neville shot back a spell that intercepted it and flung the first Death Eater back into the ground.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Amora chanted. She had only meant to toss one crystal ball onto the middle Death Eater's head, but a hundred of crystal balls began floating, before soaring toward the two Death Eaters.

"Run!" Amora shouted as she pulled Neville's hand. The crystal balls began to rain down on the Death Eaters as Amora and Neville raced away. They were about to turn around the corner before another two figures emerged from the row next to them, clearly intercepting them.

"A LeStrange and a Longbottom working together...how...amusing," Bellatrix said with pursed lips. Roger was standing next to her, but Amora was proud to see that he had a limp and a bloody nose. Her Stupefy had done some damage.