Chapter Seven

Third Person's P

Third Person's P.O.V

          "Look, It's Mal."

          "Hi, Mal! Love my hair, Mal!" They seem to forget that Reese also did it.

          "Are you feeling kind of weird about this? I mean, It's not so bad here, you know.

          "Are you insane? Long live evil! You're mean! You're awful! You're bad news! Snap out of it!"

          "Thanks, Mal. I needed that."

          "Do you think they actually paid for those?"

          "Oh, hello. The name's Jay. You all going to the tourney game tonight?"

          "Yeah.

          "Keep a lookout for number eight, all right? Scoring the winning goal."

          "Okay.

          "They did it to Jane's hair, too, and Fairy Godmother's not happy about it."

          "What's the harm?"

          "It's gateway magic! Sure, it starts with the hair. Next thing you know It's the lips and the legs and the clothes and then everybody looks good and then... where will I be?"

          "Listen, Audrey..."

          "I will see you at the game after my dress-fitting for the coronation, okay?"

          "Okay."

          "Bye, Bennyboo.

          "Bye."

          "Hey, Bennyboo!" 

          "Hey."

          "I just made a batch of cookies. Double chocolate chip, do you want one?"

          "Oh, I, uh, I've got a big game. I don't eat before a big game. But thank you so, so much. Thank you. Next time. Next time."

          "No, yeah. I completely understand. 'Be careful of treats offered by kids of villains.'"

          "No, no, no."

          "No, I'm sure every kid in Auradon knows that."

          "No, that's not it. No, no, no, I... I really do..."

          "No, I get it. You're cautious. That's smart. Oh, well, more for me, I guess."

          "No, no. Hey... see that? Totally trust you. Totally." He eats the cookie.

          "How are they?"

          "They're good. They're great! They're amazing! They're, uh... I mean, they're chewy and, and you know, they... is that walnuts? I love walnuts. I mean, uh, you know, the... The chocolate... The... the chocolate... The chocolate chips are... I'm sorry. Um... Uh, they're... They're warm and soft. And they're sweet... Mal, have you always had those little golden flecks in your eyes?"