28: Triggered

Chapter 28: TriggeredApril

April

"Triggers are like little psychic explosions that crash through avoidance and bring the dissociated, avoided trauma suddenly, unexpectedly, back into consciousness."
― Carolyn Spring

"Yes I do and I told you I'd be getting home late" she replied and frowned not liking his tone towards her. He sounded as if he was chastising her and she didn't know how she felt about that. All she knew was that she wasn't feeling it. She was ready to walk out their bedroom door and walk back in hoping that with a quick rewind she would get a better outcome.

"Yea you did but I wasn't expecting you to walk through the door at 3am either" he quipped.

April paused. "Skrrrt rewind let's have a do over because I'm not liking where this is headed nor am I liking your tone" April said and folded her arms across her chest trying to see what the big deal was when they had been in contact all day and all night. She had literally been checking on him and the kids throughout the day.

"You've been gone since damn near 3 this afternoon and its 3am right now. I'm glad you had a girls day out you deserved it but come on ma 3am. Lil Butt thought she was gonna see you and Triple B was looking around for you. Here I'm thinking 12 maybe 1 but not no 3"

"Wayment are you being serious right now or looking for another excuse to put me in the wheelchair because I promise you all you have to do is ask or just make it happen" she asked before she jumped to conclusions because if this could be avoided she'd let it be. It wasn't that serious. She'd happily take the punishment. Shit she low key wanted it.

Dave kept his eyes on her still mugging her. "I'm not with the fucks. I'm dead ass" he replied with a straight face. Oh so he was serious.

April balled her fist getting pissed off because clearly he forgot who he was talking to. "You know what I'm not bout to argue with you it's not worth it" she said as calm as she could in the moment and walked off as she literally bit down on her tongue trying her very best not to say some bullshit that she'd quickly regret. She had been working too damn hard at not coming at him the wrong way and verbally attacking him and here he was trying her knowing damn well she was too damn lethal with her tongue. She could send him a bullet with her tongue alone but this wasn't a shots fired type of situation. Well she was hoping that it wouldn't lead to that. She didn't want to argue with him. April just wanted to shower, hop in bed, cuddle him, and if possible get a round popping. The girls were sleep and Charlie had a few hours before she woke for a feeding and a change so they had the time.

"I'm not done talking to you" he said as he got up from the bed and followed behind her to her closet. He was on her heels.

"Well I'm done talking you" she said not even looking at him as she slipped out of her clothing. This is not what she thought she'd be coming home to.

"Yo you wildin right now" Dave barked and still his mug never left his face. Yet to April he was the one wilding. She couldn't understand why he was so mad.