-ˋ 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SOMETHING IS DISCOVERED

. . .

"Hey Rem, if you weren't so uptight then you would figure out that we could have fun on full moons." Tiger said, slipping into the seat opposite of her cousin at the breakfast table, sighing when she saw the look he was giving her. "Listen - I know there's no way that can make the actual transformation any less painful. But if you just let me come out with you guys then you would have a worthy opponent to fight."

"Oh Merlin." Sirius muttered under his breath as he slipped into the seat besides James. "Are we back on this again?" He asked, James humming in reply, pushing his glasses up his nose and focused on a newspaper. "Mate - are you ok?" Sirius looked confused. "You never read the newspaper."

"We're growing up, Pads." James murmured. "Sometimes you got to do what you need to do." He said. 

"And how is you reading a newspaper helping you grow up? You were laughing at the dick jokes that me and Peter were making last night - even Remus was laughing at some of them." Sirius said, snatching the newspaper off of him. "This is dated last year - you might be growing up but it seems like you're not getting any smarter."

"Shut up." The Potter boy rolled his eyes. "This is the American equivalent of the Daily Prophet. And it's the report of the accident that happened with Leo and Twigs. They couldn't report on it properly - so neither of them are specifically mentioned in it, but I thought I would just read it."

"I'm not even going to question where you get it from." Sirius said, peering down the table then at Tiger, who was still badgering her cousin, James taking back the newspaper when he was distracted. "Hey Prongs - when do you think Tiger is planning on talking to the girls. It's been a week."

"She's still trying to get it through her mind that she actually didn't kill someone. For someone who thinks they did, that's a lot to overcome." James replied - and Sirius was taken aback for just a moment, shocked at how smart his friend was sounding. "Remus told me to say it like that if anyone asked."

"Makes sense." Sirius nodded. "But when is she really.. has she mentioned it to you?"

"Soon." James replied. "I think she was talking about saying something tomorrow - this afternoon if I think about it properly. She's going to start with Marlene, then the other two. We have a class together, potions just before lunch. I think she's going to talk about it then."

"You think a lot, don't you." Sirius yawned, dodging the hit that James sent his way. "Don't be a wanker, don't cause a scene." 

"You love scenes." James told him, and Sirius rolled his eyes, watching in amusement as the boy reached for the slice of toast that was certainly cold on his plate by now, moving the plate for him instead.

"Thanks." James said, and Sirius peered over his shoulder, trying to avoid the piece of toast that the Potter boy was waving haphazardly around as he read, apparently trying not to lose it again. He paused, jaw stopping chewing as his eyes scanned the newspaper.

"What?" Sirius asked, following where his gaze landed. He was at the end of the article, but nothing particularily was in the final sentence. 

"It says," James cleared his throat, "'Us, here at the New York Ghost, hope those involved in this unfortunate incident make a full recovery'." He said, pointing out the bit to Sirius.

"How's that weird - it was a potioning experiment that went seriously wrong." Sirius looked confused, and Jamees sighed. 

"No, you twat. How many people were involved in the incident. Two. And how many people survived it. One. And they only ever mention two students as well, just in case you were doubting Tiger's story." James said, holding up two fingers. "I just think it's strange how they wish both of them a good recovery when one of them was supposedly dead."

"Leo was taken away almost instantly after the attack." Tiger said, leaning over to the pair, her boyfriend jumping out of his skin. "It would be easy for his parents to quickly get him out of the country and for everyone to just lay the blame on me." 

"I wish they bloody didn't." James tutted, shaking his head, looking up when he saw Tiger staring at him, a small smile on her face. "What? They really messed up your life." 

"Worst parents of the century no longer go to mine anymore." Sirius said. "I think Leo's get the prize. Geez, imagine finding out that your parents faked your death for you."

"It's strange - and Leo didn't get on with his parents before. I don't think Leo would have willingly done that, or he would have put some sort of fuss up when he woke up." Tiger frowned. "I have to go to the library after I talk to Marlene. I might go to Dumbledore or talk to Leo, see what happened." 

The four others around her nodding - they all thought that someone needed to be told, and had only refrained from doing so because of Tiger's wishes. But they needed to be respected, and so, it seemed that Tiger was in charge of this whole situation. 

And that could either go really badly, or really well."

a/n
oh im really trying to
have as many fillers as
possible arent i but i dont
wanna get to the main part just yet