Chapter 42: Unwavering

I woke up sore but completely happy having his burning body tangled with mine. My arm hurt more in the area where the fangs of that EH had embedded; that would take time to heal completely, but there was something else, my throat burned, and I felt strangely hotter. My head hurt too.

I snapped my teeth. I got sick, great!

I groaned low as I covered myself a little more with the bedsheet. Sirius opened his feline eyes and stared at me. That vivid and sparkling green enveloped me. He smiled tenderly but soon made a worried face and touched my forehead.

"Oh no..."

"Sorry... maybe I should have dressed in something," I murmured in a weak voice.

He kissed my forehead and got out of bed, giving me a good view of his perfectly naked body. I blushed more than I already was from the fever. Oh my... 

He dressed up, and I felt far away from that warm heaven.

"I'll be back," he said in a hurry and left the room.

I wrapped myself well with the bedsheet. Shame on not having brought clothes. What was I thinking? Yes, in nothing. Sirius came in with some clothes, sat next to me, and grabbed a soft T-shirt.

"Come here," he said as he gently tugged on my hand, helping me to sit up.

To my surprise, he helped me put the shirt on, making me smile. How loving and caring could he be? He also helped me put on pants made of the same soft fabric, and finally, he pulled a quilt from a drawer in the closet and covered me. 

He stroked my hair. "I'll prepare something for you to make you feel better." 

"Don't bother about me. I think I have a pill in my backpack..."

He frowned slightly.

"Those things are not good. They fix one thing and make another worse." He caressed my cheek. "And you never bother me," he added, kissing me on the cheek to leave again.

I sighed. Now he was taking care of me. It should have been the other way. I saw the clock on the bookshelf and was surprised. It was eleven in the morning. Had we slept so long? I looked at the garden in horror. Had his mother seen us sleeping?

I pulled the blanket covering me more until the bottom of my face. I was ashamed. What if his mother had seen us? Had she gone out to water the garden like that day? We had been sleeping naked. Even though we were with the bedsheet on top, I was still worried. How outrageous. I was shameless.

Despite everything, happiness didn't fit in my body. I couldn't be happier. My Sirius was back. I didn't know where I got so much luck. This time I didn't want him to go. If he did, I would go with him. 

I closed my eyes to relax.

Before long, Sirius returned. He was bringing a cup of hot liquid. It looked like tea. I sat up while he came to me and put his arm around my shoulders. He handed me the cup, and I settled, leaning against his body.

"What is it?" I could see some herbs at the bottom of the cup. It was very hot.

"Natural medicine," he replied, stroking my arm. "It's better than a pill. Drink it little by little. It will do you good. You only have a cold. You'll get rid of it with this, trust me."

I blew a little and took a sip.

"Um... it's bittersweet..."

"Yes."

He rested his cheek on my head as I kept taking sip by sip. It wasn't much.

"Where is your mom?"

"She went out."