II : NINE

James and Oliver Phelps as Beau and Arlo Calmiken aka The Twins

It had been months since Nevarro.

In the time since, Jana Calmiken had been travelling with the Child, and her Mandalorian; Din Djarin, the man that had come to hold her heart. They are a clan of three, the signet of the mudhorn proudly displaying this.

Their quest had sounded easier than it is; return the Child to its own kind. The Jedi, which are few in numbers and very rare to find. After weeks of nothing, they decide to seek help from other Mandalorians. However, Mandalorians are just as difficult to find as Jedi.

Jana looks between herself and Din, down to where the Child floats in his pram as they walk through the streets of a random planet in the Mid-rim. The little monster feels her gaze, looking up to her with its big brown eyes and letting out a charming coo.

Streetlights illuminate their path, anti-imperial graffiti splattered onto walls of buildings they pass. In the patches of darkness beyond the road, there are low growls, and sets of red eyes glaring at them; creatures Jana has no desire of meeting. For her own peace of mind, the brunette woman, Killshot, places a hand on her powerful weapon under her cloak, which wards off the slight chill of the air.

Eventually, they arrive to the building Din had been searching for. He had a lead, a contact he had to speak with. When he told Jana about it, she nodded along, knowing the drill he repeats to her every time they meet someone he doesn't completely trust, 'Stay close, and follow my lead.'

There's a Twi'lek man that guards the door, his skin a deep burgundy that Jana had never seen before, "We're here to see Gor Koresh," Din says once they stop before him.

The man's eyes look down to the Child, staring at him for a moment before glancing up at Jana, who meets his eyes with the smallest of smirks, "Enjoy the fights," The Twi'lek says after a moment, his voice low and gravelly.

Din leads the way inside, Jana right behind him. Immediately her senses are overcome with the shouting of spectators jolting through the air, the smell of smoke, alcohol, and sweat pungent as it drifts to them. Coming into view is a fighting ring, two Gamorreans, an ugly yet strong species, facing off within it.

Through the shouting and the violence, Din leads Jana and the Child to a green alien with one eye, sitting in the seat next to him. Wordlessly, Jana sits in the empty chair next to her partner, the pram settling beside her.

"You know this is no place for a Child," Gor Koresh immediately observes, "Nor a lady."

"Wherever I go, they go," Din answers. Jana's eyes lift to the fight above them, the beasts both wiedling huge blades, internally, Jana wonders how much longer the two Gamorreans can keep going.

Gor Koresh lets out a small chuckle, "So I've heard."

"I've been quested to bring him to his kind," Din explains, "If I can locate other Mandalorians, they can help guide us. I'm told you know where to find them."

"It's uncouth to talk business immediately," Gor Koresh dismisses, motioning up to the ring, "Just enjoy the entertainment."

As one of the creature's weapons hits the other's blade with a loud clash!, The Child lets out an excited whine, and Jana smirks as she looks down at him just as one of the beasts hits the mat, "Bah!" Gor Koresh lets out, "My Gamorrean's not doing well. Kill him! Finish him!" Then the one-eyed alien nudges the Mandalorian's shoulder, "Do you gamble, Mando?"

"Not when it can be avoided."

Gor Koresh leans forward, looking to Jana for the first time since her arrival, "And you, girl, do you gamble?"