30

Alexandra's pov

Stefan is okay.  Elena gave him some of her blood and he healed within a short amount of time.  Caroline and Bonnie finally talked.  And we found the moonstone.  I don't know if I would say this was a success or not.  But, it must be good that we have the moonstone in our hands.

I'm on my way to the house and I have the stone with me.  Now that we have it, Damon can let Mason go.   I bet him and Katherine can't do whatever it is they were going to do without that stone.

I pull up at the house and get out of my car and I make my way to the front door.  I unlock it and then I go inside and walk into the living and there's no sign of Damon.  I keep walking and then I make my way to the back room and stop when I see what's in front of me.

I see Mason sitting in a chair chained up with blood all over him.  I see blood on the floor and then see that his heart is ripped out.  I just walk in more in shock and then I see Damon walk into the room and just stare at me.  "You weren't supposed to be here" He said.

"What did you do?" I said staring at Mason.

"I did what I had to do" He said.

"You tortured him?" I said.

"I was trying to get answers" He said.

"You were trying to find this?" I said holding the moonstone up.  He just stares at it and then I toss it to him and he catches it.

"You found it" He said. I just continue to stare at Mason and then Damon just sighs and puts the stone down.

"I'm going to get rid of the body" He said like it was nothing.  He starts moving things around me and I still just stand there frozen and he looks to me.

"If you're going to just stand there could you at least help?" He said.

"What?" I said.

"Well, I mean...You want to be a vampire, right? This is all part of it. I'm just giving you a little taste" He said.

"This isn't funny" I said.

"Oh, trust me.  I know.  This is real life.  And this is what you're asking for.  If you're not the one doing it...it's being done to you" He said and I just stood there.   I start to tear up a little and then Damon walks up to me.

"Good...good.  Cry.  Feel the emotion.  This isn't fun and games, Alexandra" He said.

"Stop" I said still crying a little.

"Think about it.  Think about how vampires ruined your life.  Everything bad that's ever happened to you over this past year has been from vampires.  Vicki.  Elle leaving.  The car crash.  The tomb.  Katherine.  Me taking your memories.  You being attacked.   Your mother. Me turning off my humanity switch.  Me kissing Katherine!" He said walking up to me.

"STOP" I yelled and just let the flood of tears come out.  I just drop to my knees and start crying.  I think this is everything coming out.  All the stress I've built up.  All the fear.  All the sadness.  Anger.   Anxiety.  This is it all coming out.  This is me realizing my life has changed forever.

"Alexandra" Damon said.

"I don't want to be a vampire.  I can't be a vampire.  I don't want it!" I said crying.  I feel Damon kneel down in front of me and just pull me into him.