Feelings

Chapter 3

"Wake up!"

I jumped as Valencia yelled "Can you shut up, you're being too loud."

"No bitch." I held a pillow over my head "I'm up."

"Why are you yelling?" King walked in with a towel around his waist, water dripping down his perfectly toned body. I took a deep breath as my eyes scanned his body. He stared at me amused, he opened his mouth to speak, probably something sarcastic, but I cut him off "Don't." He shrugged and walked out the room.

"What...the...fuck was that?" I rubbed my head "was what?" "You guys might as well just ripped each other's clothes off-"

"shut up." "We still can." King said leaning again the doorframe winking, "Get out my room." I attempted to throw a pillow at him but missed terribly, he just pointed and shook his head at my throw.

"Imani and I have to work today so we can't have a movie night this week." "It's okay, i'll watch something, it's rainy anyways."

After Valen left for work I showered and changed into a tank top and shorts, putting my hair in a bun. "What're you doing?" I ignored him, I cant look at him without picturing him shirtless again. "We're ignoring me now?" I shook my head still not looking at him "okay. i'll give you 3 seconds to look at me." He began counting, he amused me in a way, he went over to the sink and filled a glass of water, he came over and dumped it over my head. "King!"

I smiled chasing him around the apartment trying to hug him to get his clothes wet from my soaked body. "Elaine, don't." I smiled jumping off my bed onto his back "Elaine." "Yes?" He flipped me around to the front of him and dropped me onto the couch, leaning over me. Wow, he wears a chain...nice. He smells really good...ew Elaine stop being weird. I slid my hand over his abs, smiling at the affect I have over him. He closed his eyes taking a deep breathe before laying on the couch next to me "heard it's movie day."

Is it weird that I already miss his touch? Yea, yes it's weird...for sure. What if- I moved my hand closer to his, before we could touch there was a bang at the door

"I'll get it." I got up to open the door when it was busted open, hitting me, causing me to hit the floor. "Luis." I said rubbing my head deciding to just stay on the floor.

"What did I tell you about answering my calls?" King stood up off the couch stepping in front of me on the floor, if I was Luis i'd be scared for my life. "I think you should leave." Luis eyes snapped to mine "Who's this?" King grabbed Luis by the collar of his shirt "Her boyfriend, now leave and never come back or i'll kill you." Boyfriend? I gotta say...the whole protective boyfriend act was hot. "Luis leave, we're done." "You'll regret that" Something tells me I don't think I will...

King helped me up off the floor "you okay?" I nodded keeping my eyes on the ground, I refuse to catch feelings for him, especially when I just met him like 3 days ago. Although he's already in my house, using my shower..."look at me." Don't look... "Elaine." The way my name sounded coming out his mouth...well shit.

I looked at him, well so much for no feelings... "pick a movie" I was taken back by the fact he'd sit and watch it with me "hm?" "it's movie day, pick one." I smiled and walked over to our movies "and no stupid shit." "so no disney?" "No." "please." "no." "please" "no." "PLEAAASE." he rolled his eyes "fine." "Thank you!" I exclaimed jumping on the couch next to him.

"You're beautiful you know?"

I tilted my head smiling at him. "Thank you." He raised an eyebrow, he does that a lot when he's thinking, "what?" "How did you get with someone like him." I sighed looking down at my ring "at first he was amazing, too good to be true, literally. I've tried to leave him for 2 years now, but it was all the same." His eyes were black and his fists were clenched.

I grabbed his hand releasing it. "I'm okay" I smiled. His eyes softened a little.

——————-

I woke up laying on a pillow which was on his lap, his hand rested on my side while he looked at me, when he saw my eyes open he pulled his hand away quick, "Carter called."

Carter is on the football team with Luis, he's saved my life from him a few times. "I'll call him later." They were friends since they were babies but Luis cut him off when he found out Carter was gay.

I stumbled into my bedroom and laid on my bed. I fell asleep...on his lap? What is wrong with me! He could still be a serial killer! ...although he hasn't killed me yet...what if I caught feelings for a serial killer! Well at least he's hot. Very hot. Like unreal hot...

"Hungry?" He asked leaning against the doorframe "Yeah"

"order food and i'll pick it up and pay for it."

"I can pa-"

"order the food." He is a heaven sent gift.

Thank you god, amen. "Okay."

I ordered food and soon he left to go get it. There was a pound at the door. "Bitch!!" "Hey Carter." "First of all answer your phone! Second of all who's the boyfriend!" I began to talk but he cut me off "is he hot?" "He-" "I just know he's pac-". "Carter!" He sat down folding his hands waiting for me to talk.

"Yes, he is HOT, but-"

"But!?"

"but. he's not my boyfriend. He's protecting me from Luis."

He narrowed his eyes at me before a full blown smiled burst across his face. "You like him!" "I just met him a week ago!" "No baby...the heart wants what it wants and your heart wants some of tha-"

"Get out." I cut him off and opened the door for him to leave. He rolled his eyes "Whatever, but be careful."

"always."

As soon as Carter left King came home with the food, after eating for about 10 minutes he stared at me smirking, "What?" "So you think i'm hot." I choked on my french fry.

"You were eavesdropping!" I gasped

"No you guys were yelling and I was intrigued."

I rolled my eyes "Don't forget that you emphasized hot." I threw a french fry at his head. " Shut up."

"Don't worry you're hot too." He said standing up walking behind me, "but i'm hotter" He took one of my fries and ate it.

"You just ate my fry." He just ate my fry...who is this man!

"Yeah? And."

He's right...he's hotter.