𝟒𝟗'

𝗝𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵
𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗵, 𝗚𝗔
- - -

𝗝𝗮𝗻𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗵, 𝗚𝗔- - -

𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐊𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬

"if you don't keep your head still." i said to tootie who kept moving.

"girl i ain't even movin," she grumbled.

"yes you is so move again and you gone leave with these half ass done locs." i said while finishing off the loc i was on.

so awhile had passed and i was officially cleared to go back to work, my good arm was functional enough for me to work so it's grind time baby.

"how does it feel ta be back troy? we missed you," asani asked looking up from her clients head.

"we sure did," hasan co signed, "yvette outta all of us."

"i missed ya'll too, but it feels good ta be back. i can finally do what i'm used to." i said while focusing on parting tootie's head.

"i feel you girl, i don't know what i'd do if i couldn't do hair." nala said with a frown.

"it's truly heartbreakin i'll tell you that much." i said and laughed lightly.

"i couldn't even imagine."
- - -

"first day back and you been booked all day." miss. janet said walking in.

"i racked in today i'll tell you that." i said while sweeping the floor.

"it's really good to have you back with us troy and to tell you the truth the shop has been so dead without you." she confessed and sat in one of the empty chairs.

"how so?" i asked leaning on the broom.

"you just seem to liven up the place and without you we was running on a dead rose with fallen petals." she expressed.

"i'm glad i can i be that for ya'll and i promise no more accidents so i'm here whenever." i told her.

"good now you gone on home, i'll finish cleaning this up." she said grabbing the broom from my hands.

"you sure?"

"positive now gone before i change my mind."
- - -

"whew." i kicked off my shoes at the front door and locked it behind me.

i walked to the living room and saw everybody lounging on the couches.