CHAPTER 1•13

Harmonic Convergence

Dawn and Korra were both practicing their bonding and bending as Tenzin watched over them and Bumi was playing his flute as background noise to keep his mind off Jenora, who was still being healed by Kya. Dawn looked to Korra as they both swung their arms to allow their airbending to combine on the dummy to try and knock it down from a few yards away.

Mako watched them closely, his arms crossed over his chest as Dawn cartwheeled in front of Korra and spun around to kick her legs out and Korra punched through with firebending, the oxygen in the gust of air make the flames bigger and brighter as the dummy was knocked down.

"Unalaq will be waiting for you. You'll need all of your Avatar and Protector power to stop him." Tenzin told the two as Dawn was breathing heavy along with Korra as sweat was dripping off them.

"I'm going to close the spirit portals, lock Vaatu in for another ten thousand years, and make Unalaq wish he'd never been born!" Korra yelled, throwing a Fire ball straight at the dummy's head and it flew off as Dawn smirked.

"Good, because I can't help you close it apparently." She muttered, sitting on the ground and Tenzin raised an eyebrow.

"You should at least try." Tenzin reminded her as she sighed.

"And maybe get everyone blown up to bits?" She asked him and Tenzin then stopped as he nods his head.

"We won't be around when you do it." He grinned humorlessly and she smirked.

"That's what I thought." She stated and laid on the deck as the metal cooled her skin.

"As soon as we reach the Southern Water Tribe, we'll blast through the blockade at the main port. Then we can rendezvous with Tonraq and his troops, crash through the defenses around the portal, and enter the Spirit World." Tenzin planned out as Dawn smiled when Kya walked in.

"Whoa, since when does my little brother want to crash or blast through anything?" Kya asked and Dawn bit her lip.

"His daughter." She coughed.

"I'll do whatever it takes to save my daughter." Tenzin said proudly.

"We all want to save Jinora, but I think your plan might be a tad overaggressive, seeing as there are only eight of us and one ship." Bumi reminded Tenzin.

"Really? And what do you suggest?" Tenzin asked as he crossed his arms.

"An attack like this calls for strategy. I remember when I was surrounded by pirates in the hurricane straits. We managed to capture them all with just a feather, two eggs, and a barrel of molasses." Bumi said in a hero voice while Tenzin clenched his fists.

"I don't want to hear any of your crazy stories now. This is serious." Tenzin yelled at him.

"Are we almost there?" Bolin asked the group as Dawn for up slowly and stretched her arms.

"Almost. But I just picked up a distress signal from the Southern Troops. There's a problem." Asami said as she walked away from the steering wheel.

Everyone got on Oogie and flew to the small reserve for the Southern Troops and families that could make it out and Korra was the first one off to hug her mother.