the one with the strength

hello my loyal bitches... its me ya girl! n e way I've been locked out of my account for weeks, hence no updates, finally I have it back now and can update! this chapter feels out of place bc I've been unable to update for so long and it was supposed to go up directly after the previous one... n e ways this is soft bc we need a break from heated discussions and the occasion attack on my characters :) also pls ignore the fact I'm shit at writing soft things bc I am in fact an Aries so that is going to be my excuse

ー•▪︎•ー

2 months later...

"Jungkook, no" you spoke, eyes lighting up, not even on the long man before you.

"Jungkook, yes." He countered, grinning as he knew you were way too happy to see what was with him.

"I got him so I don't have to worry about you while I'm away." He said handing over the puppy into your arms carefully.

"Does he have a name?" You asked, wanting to cry from how cute the small animal was. You were hesitant to hold it, unsure of whether you were holding it right.

"Geon, as in strength." He said as you clutched the puppy and held it close to you.

"Jungkook, I love him." You said scratching behind the Shiba puppy's ears.

"As long as he doesn't replace me because I got him so you can be safe when I'm travelling and so that you aren't whining about being bored or lonely." He had a cheek in his tone, teasing you.

"I can't keep him in my apartment though. Is he going to stay with you?" You asked, confused, your practical mind going to work suddenly.

"I spoke to the owner and management of the building and told them our situation and they said it's fine. They even said they are going to get 24 hour security on the ground level." 

"Jungkook," You said and he looked at you with his doe eyes, "I love you." 

"I love you too." He said leaning over the dog to give you a quick kiss.

"We need to go get him some dog stuff." You said before kissing the puppy's head and ruffling his fur. He had instantly warmed up to you. Nuzzling into your palms.

"Like what?" Jungkook stupidly asked.

"Like a bed and food and toys and a collar." You said excitedly. You knew how to care for dogs, growing up with your family having a few, as well as babysitting your brother's dog on rare occasions.

"Wait, now?" 

"Nah, next week."

"Oh shut up." He teased at your sarcasm.

"Go get your shoes on, i'll just give him some water before he has to sit in the car with us."

"Yes ma'am" he said, saluting and disappearing into the direction of the entrance to the apartment. You meanwhile put the puppy in the sink, so he couldn't run around the kitchen. You grabbed a bowl and filled it with water before placing it on the counter and lifting the dog out of the sunken sink.

Instantly the dog was lapping it down, probably due the excitement and consequent thirst.

It had been a pretty relaxed few weeks with Geon after getting him, Jungkook had been busy but still made a large effort to see you and the dog every few days at least.