chapter four: "make me"

Lunch was good, mainly because it was just Clay and I talking the whole time. He's a pretty cool guy, and we found out that we have 3 classes together! But what a shame because I don't plan on staying here. Give me two weeks and i'll never see this school again.

6th period

Im currently sitting in this god awful class called geometry. Whoever created math- I would like to have a talk with you. Like seriously! When In actual life am I going to have to solve a triangle?!

The only thing making this class bearable is Clay. We have biology, geometry, and Mikes class (social studies) together.
Oh wait, I forgot that I have to see Mike next period! Kate says that he is probably going to spank me but I am not going to let that happen, no way.
I know my parents signed the papers or whatever..so technically he is allowed to spank me, but if I refuse this might be my ticket out of here!

"Anna? Hello?" Clay shakes my shoulder.

"huh? what?" I ask confused and look around. I had no idea I zoned out.

"The teacher asked you a question" he whispered and turned toward the board.

I notice everyone is looking at me and the teacher is waiting.
What do I even say? I have no idea what she asked. Uh maybe I should just guess..yeah, I should just guess.

The teacher started walking my way and asked "Anna? do you want to call on another student to help you?"

"I thought you'd never ask." I smile.

I call on this random girl at the front and she answered the question in a split second.
The question was dumb anyways...it was 'what is the formula to solve a triangle'. I could've answered that.

As 6th period ends, I dread going to room '209' (Mike's classroom)
Clay and I start walking in the halls to Mike's room and he notices that i'm going significantly slow.

Clay steps in front of me and says "Cheer up Anderson" (that's my last name. He asked me during lunch.)

I take in a deep breath, "Should we just skip and get out of here?" I ask pleadingly while staring into his dark brown eyes.

Clay stares back into my eyes responded- "You wish Anderson. Unlike you my trouble days are over...,I would get kicked off the team if I pull a stunt like that."

He plays lacrosse.

"Ugh you're so boringggg!" I make an emphasis on the 'g'.

"Cmon let's go, I promise you will be fine" He assures me.

As we walk up the stairs and turn the corner I see room '209' and Mike is outside of the door greeting his students into his class. Of course he is one of those teachers I think to myself.

We enter the line of students and my turn comes up quickly, Mike looks at me, smiles, and says "Good afternoon Anna." while putting his right hand out awaiting a handshake.

I  say "Mike" blatantly, and with attitude ignore his handshake and enter the classroom taking a seat at the back. I'm not able to sit next to Clay in this class because of course Mike has assigned seats.

Mike enters the class with a smile on his face and hands out a worksheet that's says 'Warm Up' on it. He places a sheet on my desk and I deliberately look where ever he isn't standing.

"Alright class get started on this weeks warmup while I finish up some paperwork" Mike announced then walked over to his desk.

I take this time to pull out my phone and respond to some texts. I get lost in thought again and forget everything around me and just start texting vigorously like there's no tomorrow, not even trying to hide my phone.

"Hand it to me." A deep voice demanded, bringing me back to reality.

I look up see Mike's hand motioning for me to hand him my phone. He is not going to get his crusty man hands all over my phone.

"No." I snapped.

He scoffed. "Does anyone know the school policy about phones? Anyone?" He asked to the class.

That same girl I called on last period to answer my question is in this class and raised her hand high and mighty.
"I do Mr. Mike" She blurted out.

She already annoys me.

"Yes Carrie why don't you inform Anna how it works." He announces.

"Yes sir, well you see Anna, If a teacher finds that you are on your phone in class they are required to take it from you and inform your mentor, If you refuse then you must have a bad mentor because obviously they didn't teach you right." She broadcasted.

Mike was about to say something before I interjected, "Well then, I must have a bad mentor because your insane if you think i'm going to let him take MY personal property." I slide my phone under my thigh, good luck getting it now unless you want me to contact my lawyers I think to myself.

Mike clenches his jaw and readjusts his tie. I can tell he's getting angry.

Perfect.

"Annabella, would you meet me outside of the classroom please. We have some things to discuss." Mike demanded.

I'm not going to give in to his shit.

"Nahh, I don't think I will." I reposition my self in the seat and say "I'm comfortable sitting here, thanks." I smiled.

Clay chuckled.

"Clay do you have anything you would like to add?" Mike interrogates him.

"Uh no sir, sorry" Clay respectfully replied.

Mike turns his attention back to me and places both hands on both the sides of my desk and leans closer to me. "I'm going to ask you one more time, I'm being very lenient on you because it's your first day, but that doesn't mean you can disrespect me like this. So follow me outside or you are not going to like it." He threatened me.

Not going to lie, this man is very scary but i'm not going to let him see that i'm scared.

I cross my arms and lock eyes with Mike..."Make me."