T h i r t y - n i n e,

Mature content ahead.

_____

'' Marry me.''

I stared wide-eyed at the boy in front of me, breaths hitched in the back of my throat as the air in my lungs tightened, the strokes of early morning sun slipped through the cracks of the curtains, '' What did you say—,''

'' Marry me.''

He repeated it, more than confident, more than real, as if this was all he ever wanted to do — to spend the rest of his life with me.

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut, '' You don't mean that—,'' My vocals left in airy stutters, '' There is no way you could possibly—,''

'' You're not thinking clearly, Draco—,''

He stepped back, walking around his bed to open the squeaking drawer in his nightstand, '' I am. I am thinking clearly, Leiah.'' He mumbled as he picked something up, taking long strides back to me, '' I wanted to do this before I left—,''

My jaws dropped, the lingering feeling swirled my mind,

'' I wanted to ask you months ago, but I couldn't leave you with such a question — without knowing if I would make it back to you,''

My heart pounded harder than ever,

'' I refused to do that, even if it was all I wished for—,''

My eyes pricked in tears,

'' But I am here now, and I'm never leaving you, ever again. "

" It's you and me,''

I swallowed, my eyes flicked up to please his, feeling my blood rushing, my body burning, '' Draco—,'' I breathed out, slightly shaking my head,

'' You don't—,''

'' I do. I do mean that. I do mean this. Every single word of it. So Leiah—,''

'' Will you marry me?''

I stared at him, trying to find the slightest flash of hesitation, the mildest sight of dubiety — but there was none. His eyes glinted in honesty, his face soothed softly.

He wanted this.

He wanted me.

I sucked in a harsh breath, eyes snapping to the breathtaking band of silver held in between his fingertips, a clear rock coating it, '' Draco. I can't—,''

His hand searched for mine, stretching it up between us before he slipped the ring on, the corner of his mouth lightly twitched into a shy smile, his pale cheeks blushed in color,

'' I'll take that as a yes then?'' He sought to mock, the burning tears failed me as I looked at it, how my hand felt made for his, how the ring fitted my fingers most perfectly.

A sob fled my throat as I threw my arms around his neck, pulling him straight into me, '' Yes.''

'' Yes.''

'' Yes.''

'' Yes.''

'' I will marry you, Draco Malfoy,''

I felt his arms tugging me onto him, hand grasping at my thighs to wrap my legs around him, '' Yes you will—,'' He hummed, noses brushing against each other, our lips an inch apart, '' You will marry me,'' My hands moved up to his hair, tangling my fingers into the soft blonde strands before our lips collided,

In the total need for each other.

I forgot about him. I deliberately pushed him out of my mind, but not anymore. I was his, and he, he was mine.