Chapter 28 : The Sanctuary Of God ?

A month had quickly flew by ever since I started living at Samiel's residence. Quite frankly I had deserved a golden ornament for my act of pretence. I had already mastered being the perfect marionette by being the perfect protégée for Samiel.

While orchestrating a fool proof plan at the same time. That was supposed to completely eradicate him for good.

I simply couldn't make any provisions for errors or reattempt in this plan. Which is exactly why I had to compose every single step in chronological order.
To make it quite simple, there was no room for failure. I had to strategically implement every detailed juncture that this plan entails. I had to be realistic and analyse all details for the benefits and malefits of this mission.

It was around nine in the morning when I went into my so-called father's office. It was simply done to initiate phase one of the plan.
As I rapped my knuckles on the door to his home office. I heard his authorative voice called out,
" Come in ".

" Good morning dad ".
I called out to him and pressed a swift kiss to right cheek. He pushed back his chair and rounded his charcoal looking desk. To give me a warm hug and a kiss on the forehead.

" To what do I owe this pleasure of you gracing me with your presence this morning? ".
He asked me with a coy smile on his face.

" I want to honour my mother's dying last wish. I would like to start by going back to the sanctuary of God ".
I said to him in a confident tone as I maintained eye contact with him.

" What do you mean you want to go to the sanctuary of my dad? ".
He asked me in an incredulous tone. While a look of utter disbelief was shown on his face.

" Dad, the sanctuary is the church if that's what you are wondering ".
I replied to him in a no-nonsense yet sarcastic tone.

" I know exactly what the bloody sanctuary of dad is. It's just that under no circumstance are you - ".
He had started to say but I had abruptly interrupted him mid sentence.

" You don't get to do that. You don't get to miss more than half my life and then have the audacity to tell me what I cant and can't do. When someone is dying and they beg you fulfill a dying wish. You do your best and try to honour that wish.

That was Andrea's last plea to me. Look I'm not backing down from this. She's probably turning over in her grave as I speak ".
I said to him pointedly. Even though I was lying straight through my teeth. I wanted to get a head start on step two of the plan.

" Look Anna - ".
He had started to say in a tone laced with anger.

" No you look... dad. Let's work something out here, it's not like I am planning to go church forever. Maybe I can go there three to four times to appease Andrea's wish. "
I replied to him in a sad yet pleading tone as a crestfallen expression took over my face.

" Fine you can go Todito. "
He responded in an light-hearted tone.

I still wasn't finish with him yet, he had agreed with me way too quickly. This had only served to heighten my suspicion, something wasn't right here.

" Fine. Just simply like that "
I retorted back to him while still eyeing him weirdly.

This back and forth response went on for two more times between us. Before he extended his left hand in my direction and I shook it firmly. I had no desire to be in his office anymore than I didn't want to. So as soon as we had come to an agreement I hightailed it out of his office with a sly smile on my face.