Chapter 6 : A Sense Of Normalcy

You know, back then if someone had ask my six year old self why we my and I were running. I doubt I could have strung along a proper analyzation on why and what we were running from or what lies ahead at that time.

All I knew was that we were in danger.

For sure I had garnered the who in the situation. The danger, the great evil that initiated this was none other than... my very own father.

Now that I have grown and earned a certain degree of maturity at seventeen. I had soon realized exact why my mom and I couldn't stay back at that place we had once called home anymore.

This was one of the many reasons why I had to stop using my last name 'Darkstar'. I couldn't afford for the man that had pretended over the years. To aid my mom father his own seed for his own selfish materialistic gains, get even the slightest clue as to where we were.
Ever since mom and I had moved here to the small paradise of a sparsely populated town called Summerville, eleven years ago.

Where the sun's ethereal radiance shining was always overhead and the soothing heat could be felt. As the rays of the sun danced upon, caressed and hugged one's skin with a warmth that was so divine.

Somehow the skies always seemed to appear in such a way, that was magnificently vibrant. Yet it had managed to maintain a distinctive rosy look to it. It was as if it had conjoined as one with nature and it looked anything less than riveting to the eyes of the beholder.

Now in a beautiful safe haven like Summerville, that had appeared so strategically and mysteriously hidden away to maintain an enigma. It was akin to that of a heavenly paradise that provided security, safety and some sense of sanity.

While the atmosphere maintained a calm and welcoming ambience. It seemed as if the inhabitants had learned to coexist and gotten along with each other just fine. Where everything was at their fingertips without venturing out into the city.

When my mother and I had fled to Summerville, like Nicodemus by night. We thought this could be the place to create something new. Perhaps we were given a second chance to start life over and right our transgressions and indiscretions.

Moreover we had thought that this was the perfect sanctuary to hide... when the Devil comes.

If you had ask me back then I would have told you Anna Mariah Darkstar was my name. Now it was just Anna Mariah.

Andrea Jones still remained my mother up until now. Yet sufficed to say she won't always be here.

The great evil, Samiel Darkstar was my father.
He was the monster whose clutches we are still trying to escape from.

What I do know is that when that time eventually comes. If I was to ever challenge my father and stood face to face with him. I'll take up the baton in my mantle and the face the great evil that was at large and (seemed) in-charge.

Samiel Darkstar, the man that I had the unfortunate honour of calling my father. He was and continued to still be the monster whose thorn is still trying to wedge it's way into our flesh.

Following that tragic night where my mom and I had eluded my father. My mother had booked a room for the night at the motel 'Sweet Summer '. That was the most nerve-wracking experience of my life, my mom hadn't gotten one bit of sleep. As she had out me to bed and stood guard.

It was the following day when my mom had started to home hunt for our own residence in the area. We wanted to blend in with the locals and maintain an average profile. One that was not too out there and one that did not arouse suspicion.