Epilogue

A/N Hi everyone! This is a double update so please read Chapter 70 before the Epilogue!

Aster's POV

My head was thumping, my body felt like lead.

I tried to lift my arm to rub my temples but my arm laid numbly on a soft surface.

My eyelids stuck to my eyeballs, but after a few moments of deep breaths, I was able to open my eyes to a mere squint.

A darkness welcomed me. A small dull light emanated from one corner.

"She's waking up" a familiar voice spoke.

"She's been given a sedation potion, she should be calm enough" another non-familiar voice echoed.

Opening my eyes wider, the strain caused my head to pound beneath my eyes.

Blaise was perched next to me, he had a sort of dullness beneath his eyes.

"Aster, its me Blaise, you're ok" his voice was oddly comforting, soothing even.

"Wha-" My throat was dry and scratchy and the rest of my sentence came out in a squeak.

"I'm sorry, I had to stun you to get you out of there" he started to explain.

And suddenly I remembered.

I shot upwards, my hands pushing myself from the bed I was currently laid out on. Spots clouded my vision, and I felt a warm hand press against my shoulder blades, keeping me steady.

"What the fuck happened?" I croaked. The spots in my vision were sporadic now. Rashly, I started to blink, begging the fuzziness to disappear so I could finally look at where I was.

"Aster, calm down. You're going to have a headache from the potions and the spell" Blaise's voice warned beside me.

His hand rubbed my back in small circles and if I wasn't feeling so nauseous I would have ripped it away.

A glass was thrusted in front of me. I couldn't make out what was inside it, all I could see beneath the blur was a grey liquid.

"Drink, it will clear your head a bit"

I hesitated briefly but the desperation to alleviate the pounding in my head subsided my doubt.

Gulping down the strange liquid with the glass in one hand, I let my other grab Blaise's hand from my back and shove it aside.

Almost instantaneously, the pounding in the base of my skull subsided. The ache behind my eyes took a few more minutes. Finally, I could examine my surroundings with clear vision.

I was sitting on a large four poster bed, in a dark and dusty room. The room seemed ultimately unoccupied, with just a chest of drawers opposite me and a pair of deep purple curtains covering the window. I tore my gaze towards Blaise. He was sitting upright on an old ornate chair, he was wearing his usual grey jumper, except it had been torn at the collar. His eyes were bloodshot and grey, and what looked like dust was settled in his short hair.

"Blaise, where are we?" I ordered, my voice strained against the dryness of my throat.

"12 Grimmauld Place, London" he answered simply.

I gave him a look of exhaustion.

"That means nothing to me. What are we doing here? Why did you - you - fucking stun me?" My voice grew louder as I found it.

"Aster, please..." he sounded morose, almost unsure about what he was doing.

"Blaise, you better fucking explain"

He looked behind him and I followed his gaze. My sight fell on a closed door.

When he looked back at me, he breathed deeply.

"I'm with the Order, Aster. The Order of the Phoenix" 

A/N Ahhhhh this is the end of Rivals! I can't believe it! Thank you all so much for you clever/funny comments, your votes and your messages! I love how much you all love Aster! I can't wait to continue Aster and Draco's relationship in the sequel, I think you guys will enjoy their growth and their tumultuous adventures! Please don't forget to follow me to get the first update of the sequel - see you all there :)