TWENTY ONE

The pages of thesaurus that had been embedded into me fanned out, it then got lost among the mist of the silver night

The pages of thesaurus that had been embedded into me fanned out, it then got lost among the mist of the silver night. I attempted more than once to come up with a desirable word that could bore and carry the fitting commotion I carried in my used and reused mind.

Emotions as they call it.

As we all call it.

I was in the pit of it, touching my passion, shame and regrets. But never truly accepting those flaws to be mine.

The pages in my mind, flipped backwards- then forward. Even the flutters of the dry papers crinkled- the sensation fresh as if it was happening now. My left shoulder was as lax as I could let it be. No movements done- not daring to disturb her sleep. Althea's sleep.

Her small head and the subtle, very scant weight of her on me and the conversation that sprouted earlier was the reason I was doing it. To unearth a dilect that gratified what I did.

Then I decided to use the informal form of speech to convey what I intently think of what I had done.

Fucked.

That's it. I might have fucked up.

Enclosing my eyes with my palm I hissed a growl.

Was I too early?

Very much late?

How could I know when she found such vexed condition to complete her slumber in.

Then I stopped short and snapped to stare at her with a worried impulse.

"How long since you slept well?" I whispered- entirety a Loathe to myself than a question to her.

The digital watch strapped by my wrist faintly lights up at my sudden unnatural rhythm of heart- my eyes goes starkly wide- as wide as it could as I slap at it multiple wise- killing it out before it alarmed the whole room and woke her up.

All at what cost?

That I was concern for her insomniactic behavior only to rupture it when she had finally decided to hibernate on my shoulder cutting my blood flow off. And it was the most reassuring pain ever.