[𝟏]. windy moor

! I'D LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR USING SPECIFIC TERMS LIKE [H/C] HAIR AND [E/C] EYES. I'VE REALIZED MY MISTAKES NOW BUT I THINK CHANGING IT WOULD MAKE IT LOSE ITS ORIGINAL SPARK FROM JANUARY 2021. THOSE READER-SPECIFIC TERMS EASE UP DURING CHAPTERS 12+ . THANK YOU !

"By becoming an adeptus, you must sign a contract to protect Liyue from demons and evil Gods. You will pass through two trials, one of Earth, and one of Heaven."

The atmosphere was filled with odd tranquility. Those who had come to stand before the grand door were wise and brute, their muscles glistening under their clothing as they were determined to become recognized as an adeptus of Rex Lapis. Hardened looks of experience present in their gazes as they held their noses up high, like haughty confidence. It was an honor to be strong enough to even come close to the gates of Taishan Mansion, but it seems that a certain [e/c]-eyed girl was indifferent to such a title.

Her aura clashed with that of the others. She was cheery and carefree, perhaps even apathetic. It wasn't her fault, per se, she was here because her village sent her off to the trials. [Y/N] was recognized as a powerful vision-wielder, receiving hers at the mere age of eleven. And now, she was preparing to be recognized as an adeptus.

Or perhaps, even grander.

A Guardian Yaksha.

"There is a cost of supernatural power, that being the eventual destruction from the incalculable debts of corruption from your very own mind. You will be trialed with numerous hardships that one wouldn't face in a mosaic of lifetimes, and there will be no way to escape unless you decide you no longer value your life.

This is a choice you must make, and once you make it."

You will never go back.

"The story of [L/N] [Y/N] is one to question.

A little girl, born in a nameless village. She was gifted a vision, Pyro, to be exact. She was a free soul, perhaps one that should've received an Anemo vision instead of the one she was presented with.

Soon after she had turned eighteen, she was sent off to the trials to become an adeptus in the representation of her village. Though, as heavy as a burden she carried, her attitude never changed. She was joyful and enthusiastic, even as blood was shed right before her eyes.

Her hands were not clean, either. As the other adepti, she had killed far more than saved. Justice was a weapon used to destroy and harm, but it could not save. However, even with the blood that stained her palms and her eyes, she was still as eager as could be.

Perhaps, that was what led her to be gifted with extra power, resurrection.

[Y/N], seemingly on her deathbed after seeing through the Archon War, was as jolly as could be. With life and emotion slowly leaving her eyes, it was then the world seemed to rumble. The war had been won, but in war, no side was good.

The victors won the war, but it was the victims who painted history.

It was then the stars seemed to speak in Rex Lapis' stead. Information was lost in time, but her contract was freed, and she was gifted another chance to live, similar to a cat.

It is unknown whether she is still alive, for her memory is only documented in these very books, but it seems as though after she was blessed with another life, she had left for Mondstadt, intrigued with the freedom Barbatos had established."

"Grandpa, grandpa! Can we go to Mondstadt to see if [Y/N] really lives there?!" A young boy asked, stars twinkling in his eyes as an old man chuckled heartily.