Chapter 7

Jacob's POV

Me and the pack are up at the cliff messing around and pushing each other off. I'm almost ready to go when a breeze blows  against my back and a scent hits my nose. It smells so amazing and alluring that I look around trying to find where it came from. “Do you guys smell that?” My question being directed towards my pack. “Smell what dude?” I look at them surprised and confused. That smell that was just blown our way. They looked at me for a second before Embry broke the silence. “Oh I know what this is. Dude if you don't want to jump then don't you don't need to make some random story."

"That's not what this is. I really smell something out there and it's almost like it is crackling in the air."

"Ok dude, whatever you say. And I don't suppose in a couple minutes the smell will mysteriously disappear." This time it came from Quil while he moves his fingers in a weird way to invasive disappear.

I sigh with irritation and roll my eyes. You know what, fuck you guys. I'm going to go find it so you can stay here being jerks. As I walk away I can hear them laughing in my head. 

My wolf shift rips throw me as I make my way through the trees. I feel a pull in my chest as if I'm being pulled somewhere and as I follow it the scent gets stronger. It's almost electrical. It's so strong and the more of it I get, the more I feel as if I'm taking a hit of an addictive drug. My feet (paws?) hit the ground at a fast pace and I feel the pull get stronger like I'm getting closer. Then I hear it, the feet, or most likely shoes, of someone running then coming to a stop. The pull in my chest leads me in that direction and I see a clearing with someone in the center. I slowly approach the clearing while staying behind some bushes and I notice that they're looking around. 'Was he looking for me to?' 'Was who looking for you dude?' I hear one of my pack mates ask through the link but I ignore them. 

I step forward a little more and accidentally russell the bushes. He whips around but I still can't see him that clearly. He reaches behind him like he's going to pull something out of his pocket but nothing happens for a second so I decided to step out. Now that I'm finally in the clearing I can get a good look at his face and most importantly his eyes. 

The moment my eyes meet his I feel euphoric. 'Wow… I feel amazing. His eyes are so captivating.' 

'Who's eyes?' I hear Sam through the link sounding a little concerned, surprised, and excited. 

' I don't know his name. All I know is he smells great, his eyes are beautiful, and a pull led me to him.'

' Try to look away from his eyes.' The thought of doing so brought a painful feeling to my chest.

'I don't want to and even If I did I don't think I could. Not witho-'  I stopped talking when I realized a hand is inches away from my face and the eyes are closer than before. I wait for him to continue but he doesn't. He looks curious so I move the last few inches and rub my face against his hand. A shock shot threw my body but surprisingly it's not a painful one but a good one. I'm assuming that it happens to him as well because his body tenses then relaxes again. 

'Holy shit.'

'What what what?' Seth asked with you excitement.

'We touched and it felt great but not in a sexual way. It was like I was being electrocuted but it didn't hurt if that made sense.'

'That confirms it.' Sam says.

'Confirms what?' I ask curiously while trying to focus on the hand, now hands, rubbing my face.

'Who ever your with is your imprint'

'Oh… that makes sense. Now shut up he's talking to me.'