𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴

{nightmares and daydreams}

hana snorted as aranya went off on one of her many tangents about her girlfriend. apparently, they're supposed to have a little "date" and aranya was extremely excited about this. she loved that woman dearly.

aranya arched her eyebrow, "oh stop the laughter. you act as if you wouldn't be this way you and zuko were a thing."

"that's 'cause we won't be a thing. my love, zuko and mai made up and are dating. zuko and i aren't happening," she retorted.

the other girl rolled her eyes, "yeah, yeah, it's only a matter of time."

hana let out a chuckle, "when moo-sow's fly, aranya."

"not with that attitude, anyway," aranya playfully pushed hana away.

"with any attitude! i've got not a single chance!"

aranya tried to reason with hana, "you don't know that! i thought i'd be forever stuck doing laundry and letting men hit on me! now i'm not! i've got you, dearest friend, you! you're a catch!"

hana let a smile consume her face, "thank you, aranya."

"i'm telling you hana. one day, he's gonna realize that all along that there was someone special right in front of him all along, someone who's done everything to aid and protect him," aranya told her. "if he never does then, well, angi really must've messed him up."

hana laughed, "don't say that."

hana knew that their faith had a lot of meaning to them. she wouldn't let anyone speak ill of something that she knew meant so much, something that kept many people's faith and hope alive.

the two stayed quiet for a moment until aranya asked a question, "how do you keep your faith? i would've lost it a long time ago if i were you."

she sighed, "i don't know, honestly. i feel like i'm going in fucking circles most of the time. i'm sad, then i pretend i'm happy for zuko or even you, then i try and help zuko sort out his shit, and then we are back where it all began."

aranya nodded, "i really don't know how you do it. i honestly admire the fact that you keep going."

"i appreciate that," she laughed.

the two sit quietly, pondering if they should say more when hana remembered something, "get up!"

"why? what?"

"you have a date!" she cheered.

aranya smiled as hana pulled her up, "i do, don't i?"

"yes! with a lovely lady that you love very much! you've got to go if you wanna set up in time," she advised.

hana began to gather aranya's stuff. she placed them into her hands and went into her closet. she pulled out two nice outfits and gave them to her.