²² A PHONE CALL

⚠️ panic attack

IF KIYOOMI HAD TO DESCRIBE YOU USING ONE word, he'd choose the word 'perfect'. But specifically what did he find so utterly perfect about you? First, let's dive into the different definitions for this term. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, 'perfect' can be defined as completely correct or accurate. Hmm, maybe not this one.

Having all the qualities you want in that kind of person, situation, etc. Quite honestly, he's well aware that not everyone is going to carry all the attributes that would meet his high expectations, but he's matured enough to simply accept every person in his life for the way they are. Take his rather chaotic best friend as an example, AKA Miya Atsumu. Although Kiyoomi isn't too keen of his rowdy behavior from time to time, he's come to understand that that's just who Atsumu is as an individual—it's apart of his disposition and it defines the kind of person he is. Because God forbid, one day the blond unexpectedly loses this trait that others seem to be fond of. But perhaps this isn't the right definition either.

Having no mistakes or flaws. Ah, yes, that's the one. See, if someone were to ask you if you were perfect, you'd immediately disagree. But if someone asked Kiyoomi, he'd most definitely, a hundred percent say that you were perfect. Why wouldn't you be? Even though you could go into descriptive detail on every insecurity about yourself, like the permanent scars etched onto your skin from your childhood, they're all perfect in his eyes. A bystander could easily see how smitten he truly is over you—it's as clear as the sky after nothing but dark gray clouds loomed over the city of Tokyo.

Beautiful, compassionate, patient, supportive, caring—he could fill infinite pages at this point. Just how much more perfect could you get from this moment on?

Kiyoomi observed you under the blanket of stars scattered in the heavens as you contently reached your arm out, letting your ivory-knitted mitten attract the tiniest of snowflakes. One thing's for sure, he'd never get tired of watching you literally do anything. From admiring you fold the clean sheets straight out of the dryer to cherishing the moments of your sleeping figure in his comfy bed.

Currently, the two of you were on the outdoor ice skating rink along with families, friends, and couples that wished to create everlasting memories on this winsome night such as yourself. Beforehand, Kiyoomi took you to see the display of Christmas lights as planned, of course. And although he wouldn't dream of seeing that smile painted on your visage disappear, he couldn't bear the numbing feeling in his finger tips any longer. "Not to kill the mood, but is it alright if we cut this short? My hands are really cold," he rubbed his hands together, generating heat.

"Told you, you should've brought your mittens," you scolded, removing yours. "Here, use mine."

"Then your hands will get cold. Plus, it's too small."
"Quit complaining, just use it for now."

Prior to slipping on the mittens, you cupped his hands together, blowing on his palms to warm it up. "Better?" you softly smiled, holding his bigger hands in yours. As you heard a satisfied hum from his lips, he enveloped his arms around you with a grateful heart. Taking his hand in yours, you continued to pull and guide him, circling the rink once more.

Whilst you were standing in line with Kiyoomi to return your ice skates, you took notice of a pregnant lady's husband, or who you assumed to be her spouse, helping her take off her skates. "That reminds me, could we stop by the store after getting the hot cocoa?" you faced the wing spiker as he placed the skates on the counter. "For?"