Pain | درد

اور بھی دکھ ہیں زمانے میں محبت کے س

راحتیں اور بھی ہیں وصل کی راحت کے سوا

(AUR B DUKH HAIN ZAMANAY MEIN MOHUBAT  KAY SIWA

RAHATAY AUR BI HAIN VASL KI RAHUT KAY SIWA)

Zohaib sat down on his chair after completing an early morning round in the children's ward of the hospital.

"Zahra you love kids huh, I never knew this", Zohaib said with a smile looking at Zahra.

Today Zahra was acting very clingy to her daddy that even at the time of his round in the children's ward when he was trying to hand her over to his female colleague Zahra was not ready to leave her daddy. Due to this for the first time, he took her with himself to the children's ward where she was laughing and pointing her fingers at the kids trying to say something to him. Usually, he keeps her in his cabin to keep her safe from getting an infection from the patients.

Zohaib took out his cell phone to check the time when a reminder popped up.

"ZAHRA'S VACCINATION DAY"

Zohaib moved his eyes towards Zahra and heaved a sigh. Zahra's vaccination was a nightmare for him. He remembered the last time when she got vaccinated she had cried for hours.

"I'll have to do that", He said to himself. He informed Saleem Bhai to come and pick them up today because he wouldn't be able to drive leaving Zahra away from him. He took Zahra in his hands and went towards the section of the hospital where the vaccination takes place.

"Zahra it's gonna be okay", Zohaib was convincing himself more than Zahra after seeing the injections in front of him.

Zohaib was talking with Zahra to deviate her attention. The nurse came forward, massaged Zahra's left thigh, and injected a needle of the syringe carefully. Zahra's eyes shoot up to her daddy when she felt pain. She nibbled her lower lip and her eyes welled up with tears. He knew she was crying internally because that's how she cries in front of strangers.

"Zahra beta, kuch nahi hotha ro lo thorha", Zohaib said with a pang of hurt creeping in his heart.

It was like she wanted permission from her daddy and started crying. The nurse carefully injected another injection on her other thigh.

(Total 3 injections are injected to the infants at a time, 2 on one thigh while 1 on the other one).

"Sir apply warm fomentation or cold compress on the area to reduce the pain and swelling", Nurse said.

Zohaib nodded his head and hurriedly went outside where Saleem Bhai was waiting for him already.

"Saleem kindly drive fast, I have to reach home soon", Zohaib said and sat down in the back seat of the car. Zahra was wailing in pain. He tightly gripped her both legs in his hands so she could not move them because that will increase pain.