31

Liam Rawley

"Your dad will be picking you up later," Brady mentioned after we arrived at the school. He was still being secretive and yes, I still wanted to know what he was hiding so badly but from the looks of it, he won't be telling me any time soon.

"Yeah, okay," I said awkwardly.

He just stared at me like he was studying my expression. I didn't looked all too happy about the thought of him disappearing again but I didn't had the time to get into it.

"I've told you, it's nothing bad."He lowered his voice.

"And I've told you that I trust you."I said rather harshly, "I'm sorry."I sighed, "I just get all worried when you disappear like that."

"I want to tell you but right now is just not the best time."He explained.

"If you trusted me enough, we wouldn't have this conversation," I said coldly.

"Aren't you tired of this?"He said frustratedly, "It's always the same argument with you. I'm not the one with trust issues, you are. I'm an adult and I have adult problems that you won't understand."

Suddenly, my face got all red and I tried to get out of the car but the door was still locked. I couldn't even look Brady in the eyes at the moment.

"Wow,"I let out a humorous laugh, "I can't believe you. Even after everything."

"Look, I don't want to fight with you."He surrendered, "I'm really not asking all that much from you."

"Just open the door."I said coldly, "I have a class to go to."

"I'll see you tonight and we can talk."He said, looking all regretful about it.

"I have plans with my dad, "I mentioned.

"We'll talk soon."He said and unlocked the door.

I did not waste any time getting out of the car and walked inside the building.

Brady Hutton

"So..."I said awkwardly, "What do you guys do?"

I went to the Jones' house because they finally invited me to talk even though things were getting awkward while I hold the cup of tea in my hand.

"I'm a writer and my wife is a family therapist."He mentioned, "And you?"

"I'm a deputy working at the sheriff's station," I said casually.

They gave each other a glance before turning back to me, "We figured."Mrs. Jones said with a soft chuckle, "You have that look."

"What do you mean by that."I raised my eyebrows.

"You just seem...tense, that's it."She shrugged.

"Okay..."I said awkwardly.

"It's not a bad thing." Mr. Jones added, "But smile a little so that the twins won't be scared when they see you."

If the twins see me.

"I'll keep that in mind."I nodded, "Do you have any pictures of the twins? It's been so long and I just want to see what they look like now."

"Of course," Mrs. Jones took out her phone and sat next to me, "This is from last week when all of us went to visit my mother."She showed me a picture of the twins, wearing matching red shirts and they were smiling widely, showing Jamie's teeth gap. Both Jamie and Janet grew 4 years older. They looked extremely happy and that was enough to make me feel better.